Has the commerce corner jumped the shark at WB?

+2

How to win friends and influence others? You just ran the flag up and probably eliminated participation by retailers in the future. The post indicates you joined WB for no other reason than to shill wine, not be a part of the community.

Pretty sure he just showed me why I shouldn’t buy wine from him, and after all those fancy posts and article links trying to tell me why I should.

And this is why we can’t have nice things.

Ha, come on, you all had your minds made up already. If you actually got to know me I think most of you would think otherwise. And maybe I should do a little more community love.

Also, FWIW, since I started posting here last week my reader distro list grew by 50+ directly from WB signups and I have had several healthy transactions with new clients. Nothing amazing, but a pretty decent result here as I did not expect much.

Thank you for your posts.

I’m happy that WB can make additional revenue from the site other than ads. The business sellers are trying to sell wine/stuff and maybe at a great value.

Is it hard to have another corner for businesses?
Screenshot_2018-10-15-20-52-40~2.png
I’m using Android Chrome browser, I can see the blue names.

Cheers

Ha, I am an accountant by former trade, maybe that is my issue with the marketing? [rofl.gif]

But really Siun? Inept is quite a judgment for someone and something I don’t think you know much about, that being me or my business.

I can’t say there has been 1 iota of anything lacking authenticity that I have written in any posts. While this is your opinion, and quite frankly more of a baseless judgement and not fact. It is your right to have an opinion, even if made without all of the facts. I would be willing to get on a call with you to explain what I am doing in better detail if you are interested. I am not here to create ill will, no matter how much you guys try to egg me on :wink:

As I mentioned in a separate post/thread, it’s in most wine buyers’ best interest to get in now on my list while I am getting started before the tightly allocated wines become, well, tightly allocated.

Tom - when you are digging a hole, know when to stop.

I am happily on the “tightly allocated” lists that interest me and nothing in your posts have suggested any particular expertise or taste that makes me want your guidance in my purchases to be blunt. As a consumer, it is not my responsibility to have phone calls with you and jump through hoops to learn why I’d want to give you my money - it is your responsibility to show me some value potential. Successful businesses listen to and learn from their customers on a daily business so they can then provide them with the goods and services they actually need/want. And successful BerserkerBusinesses participate as friends, guides, experts in the overall WB community. They tend to be quite humble - though us consumers look to them for expertise since they live it rather than tout it.

Well, it just speaks volumes about your character as to why you responded at all to this thread in the first place in the manner that you did without knowing anything about me.

Your sole intent in your comment was to pass ill will and cast judgement negatively when you could have just ignored it. I posted 3-4 offers, a blip of what I can, let alone plan to offer.

You may not care to read my posts but it has already been proven that others do care and want to learn more. Is that NOT WHAT Wine Berserkers is about? Your tastes should not be what dictate the entire board, nor mine for that matter, or anyone else’s. My words are just as valid as yours in regards to adding to a community, but when you go to hate and judgment, well, that’s just worse for everyone involved.

I was just trying to reach out and explain myself and you just slapped away my olive branch, again, speaks of the kind of person you are.

As a BB member, I think the general gist is that most of us that have a Berserker Business are Members first and foremost. There is a respect to the board members to try NOT to push our products on them. I am sure as your posts have indicated Tom that you are a great guy, but IDK you have come out of the gate ripping through the Commerce Corner like it’s your own personal bounty. Welcome to Wine Berserkers, contribute, become one of us, and if you have good stuff to sell, then that’s your business.

Hi Nola, thank you for that. Yeah, I won’t deny I have come on a little strong with the offers. Since I am just getting started (I literally opened up shop 2 weeks ago), I am just starting to feel out different outlets for my offers. So my apologies if I have rubbed some folks the wrong way.

If it means anything in regards to insights I started from scratch and managed a tasting group in the previous town I lived in. There was little to no wine culture so I babied it and managed it from 3 of us at our first event 5 years ago to over 50 participants that were serious enthusiasts and ITB folks when I handed it over to the team that stepped up to run it as I moved a few states away.

I’m confused, why is this a thing?

Ya’ll are taking this WAY to serious. I don’t know about any of you but if I see a subject I’m not interested in I scroll past it and ignore it. Does that require so much effort in your thumb that it requires this banter? Yes I’m interested in people “cleaning out their cellar” but I’m also interested in specialized retailers who have interesting things to offer. Remind me why we can’t have both?

You sound like a bunch of WINEy (see what I did there) babies, trust me I have a three month old I know it when I see it.

Tom - keep providing your offers. I find them valuable and clearly many others do as well. Just not the people who spend 23 hours a day on WB

[thankyou.gif]

Maybe not calling someone’s tactics “inept” and being a little more welcoming and not attacking would make a “newbie” feel more a part of the community . Lead by example. IMO you turned this unnecessarily adversarial.

A less confrontational method which might work for some would be to use the Friends/Foes option in the User Control Panel to shut off the feed from posters you find disagreeable. Worked for me! [cheers.gif]

I love this place so much. [berserker.gif]

[popcorn.gif]

[dance-clap.gif]

Prefect, my sentiments exactly.

Good luck with your business. That reply there is all I need to know about whether or not to check out your business.

Certainly your prerogative, and I hope you know I was just defending myself. If you had a glass with me and read some of my articles on my site I would hope I could change your mind.

Tom- you will probably have more success here if you drop the douchey picture. it makes me chuckle each time I see it.