Happy Father's Day - whatcha drinkin'?

2013 Lewelling Cabernet . By mistake . Needed a pop and pour wine and it just didn’t work.

gonon.jpg

Dad loves Pommard. the 2010 Vincent Girardin Pommard Grands Epenots which I decanted for 8 hours or so, was very nice indeed. A certain meaty feel on the palate that is very attractive to me, it has lots of secure plum and dark cherry fruit at the base with bits of earth and cedar around it. Should have a long life given the long aeration I gave it. Do continue to love the focus and purity of the red 2010 vintage. Dad was a very happy camper.

Kelly–congrats!

2016 Limerick Lane 1910 Block Zin with some grilled burgers was bomb.

I had a 2014 Immortal Estate Slope and it had Hidden Ridge cork [wow.gif]. Must have removed the labels and relabeled with the new brand. The wine was pretty awesome. Textbook hillside Napa Cab and for $95 its quite a bottle. Mr. Parker pre-retirement gave it a 97. Seems worthy of that score…

Ended up having a '94 Turley Hayne Petite Syrah with my Dad [cheers.gif]

Very nice. Tight at first taste, but decanted and let it sit for about an hour. Opened up nicely.
We had tried the 2014 Immortal Impassable Mountain last year on a trip to Napa. Have 4 bottles of it – have not opened any of those. From what I recall of that one, it was amazing.

French 75s

2015 Henri Germain Meursault Charmes - Sensationally good.

Spent the evening at the home of a winemaker friend. He opened a 2002 Napa cab/merlot blend made by his Dad (it runs in the family). It was de-lovely.

Started the evening with a small pour of Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel, while grilling baby back ribs and NY Strips. Decanted a 2015 Quivet Cellars Kenefick Ranch, it was very good, and still pumping out dark fruits, and spice. As it opened up some tannin and acid become apparent, but this is still such a rich cab, which is a treat. Saved some for tonight, and it hardly lost any steam, always a nice thing.

upcoming catch-ups before I go dry for ~4-6 months (!)

Dinner with Spouse:
1993 Faiveley Cazetiers

Dinner with Friends:
2014 Cappellano Rupestris
1964 Pio Cesare Barolo
1988 Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey

I am equally excited for each of these wines.