Happy Father's Day - whatcha drinkin'?

2015 Goodfellow Durant Chardonnay with fresh salmon.

2010 Carlisle C-P and it is drinking perfectly.
Might have preferred a MacD with a good steak, but that wasn’t in the cards.

2004 Dom Perignon with brunch. I started early

2016 Goldeneye P/N for starters.

Ok, I’ll chime in…

Went cycling with the boys.
Jumped in the pool with the dogs.
Took a cat nap.
Hung outside with the dogs.
Walk around the lakes with the wife.
Took another nap while reading.
Couples pedicure.
Hillstone for late lunch.
Jumbo shrimp, Bloody Marys.
Pittsburgh-style ribeye.
Key lime pie + double Macchiato.
Checked out a new lake house wife likes.
Popped 2016 Capbern
Finished 2011 Cuchet Beliando
Watched final 9 of US Open.
Wife asleep.
I’m wide awake.

Anyone wanna go grab a Scotch?

2014 Immortal Slope

A Flannery Hanger with an excellent 2012 EMH Black Cat! The Black Cat had an enticing nose of dark fruit and cassis. Red-blue fruit on entry, nice earthiness and structure mid-palate and a slight touch a pepper on the smooth finish. The nose and touch of pepper had me hooked! The bottle did not last long. Well done Merrill. [cheers.gif]

2010 Switchback Ridge Cabernet that was sublime from the open and better two hours later.

Just finished a Monte Bello 2011. It started good to great, and finished sublime. What an ultra awesome wine. I am smitten.

Enjoyed an all red line-up today: 2016 Virage Rose: 2011 Panther Creek PN Reserve and a 2001 Gran Clos Priorat.

Loving this thread to live vicariously through. Have an awesome long slate of wines to get into… but got hit with bronchitis.

He lost me at “couples pedicure.”

Under the Wire Brosseau, Tercero Rose, Desire Lines Riesling

No wine, just beer. With these.
IMG_9146.jpg

You hairy-legged mountain bikers will never understand.

2014 Carlisle Dupratt Zin. Drinking very well right now but no rush. Great aromatics and just a lovely zin.

How was this? Curious how things have gone since the brand change.

Upon returning from U.S. Open (curtesy of visiting son), we drank '14 Saxum Paderewski and '16 Turley Ueberroth. It was a great Father’s Day!

2005 Dumol RRV Syrah. Quite delicious. just starting to take on some flavor characteristics of age.

After an exhausting weekend of kids’ baseball (albeit culminating in a championship), it was a 2008 Mayacamas merlot with ribeye steak leftovers. In a very nice place now. One of the best New World merlots I’ve ever had. Some sex appeal but also quite structured. Cab masquerading as merlot.