Hand Picked Selections sold

Congratulations! And thank you for being a member of this community.

Late to the congrats Dan, but no less excited for you! Great run and wishing continued success to HPS and a long and enjoyable chapter ahead for you!

Katahdin beckons!!

Greg

Congratulations on your semi-retirement plans and the continuing success of the future business plan for the company. Your participation on this board is always most insightful and informative. I remember your visit at Great Wine buys a few years back and the wonderful Pegau event you presented for us. Heading to the cellar now to find some older Pegau for this weekend in your honor.

Congratulations Dan. All the best in retirement.

Congratulations, Dan! May your retirement be enjoyable and fulfilling, and I hope you continue to drink well and post on the Board!

Dan,

Congratulations on creating a successful business and leaving it in great hands. Building your own business is extremely difficult as you know and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished.

Congratulations. I still have a '60 Gemello with your name on it - maybe to celebrate?

Congratulations! You really deserve it

Just bought my first bottle of Bargemone. Will toast to your happy retirement tonight.

Congratulations Dan! All the best in retirement, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have no trouble occupying your time - Iā€™ll have a glass of Pegau and think of you :slight_smile:

Dan,
all the best for your hopefully decades of retirement and good luck for the new team. Iā€™m sure you will look well after them. Still remember fondly our dinner in Antwerp.
Cheers
Rainer

Congratulations Dan! Wishing the best for you in life and for the team at HPS moving forward.

Congratulations to both the achievement with your company and on the retirement (or at least a gradual slowdown)!

Enjoy the time to do the things you might not have had time for running your business; dedicate time on other interests/passion, and last bit not least - enjoy wines without a thought about ā€œworkā€.

Mazel tov, Dan. Well-done! Enjoy your life and retirement. But stick around here please.

Congratulations, Danā€” a job well done. May you reap the rewards for a great while.

Congratulations Dan! May you have a great time in your retirement

Congratulations on building such an incredible business and best of luck going into the future!

Many, many thanks to all who replied and for all of the good wishes. Being a member of this community is both a pleasure and a privilege. I will continue my membership and continue to post.

Several of you have asked that I post on the wines that I import and sell. I am simply not comfortable doing that while I am still an employee of Hand Picked Selections. My contract is over at the end of next year. At that point, I might consider it, but would have to set some pretty serious, pretty rigid guidelines for myself. I donā€™t want to go from scrupulously avoiding shilling to shamelessly selling snake oil!

Meanwhile, my friends the Smithers are here, weā€™ll be opening a few bottles I donā€™t sell and I will be posting as usual.

Again, my thanks to everybody!

Dan Kravitz

Congratulations, Dan!

Iā€™ve sold your wines at the retail level for over decade. I now have the pleasure of selling them on the wholesale side of business in Massachusetts. They are some of best QPRs out there.

The people whom you have employed taught me so much. You have an eye for great talent and even better wine. Cheers to you, sir!!

When you owned Hand Picked, you regularly posted on wines you imported and sold (admirably, always clearly stating that you were the importer). Why canā€™t you do that now that you are a consultant? Post on what you want, of course. Iā€™m just curious about the distinction you see.