Hallelujah...your PC pre-arrival wine is finally here!!

It’s been 4 YEARS…and my order for a half a case of 2006 Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova is FINALLY here! champagne.gif

I wonder how many more bottles I could buy today if I had bought $460 of Google stock instead? pileon

Who else has received the long awaited “wine is here” PC email??

I’m still waiting on a bunch of bubbles. Most only have a production of a few 100,000 cases, so I know I have to be patient. champagne.gif newhere

Or how many fewer if you’d bought BlackBerry. Got to look both ways before crossing the street…

I’m down to 7.5 cases owed. Oldest is a little over 3 years and I think it may not be coming (1/2 case of a very small production white Burg, in mags), so I may have to work out a replacement for those in the Spring. AFter that one, one case for 2.5 years, 3 cases for 2 years, and the rest all inside that. I only start the discussions with PC when deliveries fall outside the 3 year window, seems like long enough to get wine to the US from wherever.
Also, before all the usual PC flames start, I think it’s important for any buyer of anything for forward delivery from any merchant to do 2 things:

1. Use a credit card where you feel good that the CC company will reimburse you if delivery does not happen. So Amex or a ‘premier’ MasterCard or Visa.

2. Pick a top limit that you’re willing to ‘lose’ or at least endure the hassle with the credit card company and do not go over that limit with the merchant. Wait until you get deliveries before you buy more, no matter how good the offers are.

These are not PC specific rules, just good rules with any merchant.

I’m slowly building up a list of pre-arrival bottles from Crush. They have adopted the PC “no insight as to arrival” model.

The best part about these postings are that they remind me I have some really old orders outstanding, and it’s time to send another email to PC :slight_smile:

For those with big prearrival orders…

Heard from my “CI” at PC that they expect around 65,000 bottles to be delivered from Europe in the first and early second quarter of 2014, mostly 2008, 2009 and 2010 Bordeaux.

Stay tuned…