Greyscale Wines - BD14 still available if you want 92-95pt Napa Valley Wines for 20%-35% discounts

Greyscale Wines produces award winning wines from high-quality Napa Valley grapes:
   * Cabernet Sauvignon (Atlas Peak and Rutherford AVA)
   * Merlot (Oak Knoll District AVA)
   * Bordeaux Blanc-style Sauvignon Blanc called “Cuvée Blanc” (Rutherford AVA)
Details about each wine are presented at the end of this post and in Tasting Notes linked to wines below.

This year is the 7th time we participated in Berserker Day…what fun. Greyscale Wines was founded in 2008 so we are coming up on our 15th Anniversary this year. The offers below are limited, but if you like elegant, medium- to full-bodied Bordeaux varietal wines, you have to try these. And, they arediscounted compared to typical Napa Valley pricing.

We have five offerings with significant discounts (20-35%) and shipping is included! Anyone who tries one of these offers will be able to buy these packages once more during the the year at the same deal. Email us if you have questions (winery@greyscalewines.com).

Jean & Larry Rowe

OFFERS
Offer #1: Current Release Sampler - try each of our current release wines
  '20 Cuvée Blanc (regular price $32) …Gold Medal 2023 SF Chronicle Wine Competition
  '19 Napa Valley Merlot (regular price $54) …93pts 2022 Beverage Tasting Institute
  '17 Rutherford Cabernet (regular price $75) …92pts 2020 Beverage Tasting Institute
Price 3-pack (1b each) $121 - 25% discount/shipping included (regular price $161 + shipping)
Price 6-pack (2b each) $225 - 30% discount/shipping included (regular price $322 + shipping)

Offer #2: Red Wine Sampler - maybe you prefer red, with another special release
  '19 Napa Valley Merlot (regular price $54) …93pts 2022 Beverage Tasting Institute
  '18 Stage 1 Red Blend (regular price $55) …95pts 2023 American Fine Wine Competition
  '17 Rutherford Cabernet (regular price $75) …92pts 2020 Beverage Tasting Institute
Price 3-pack (1b each) $138 - 25% discount/shipping included (regular price $184 + shipping)
Price 6-pack (2b each) $258 - 30% discount/shipping included (regular price $368 + shipping)

Offer #3: '18 Stage 1 Red Blend - something special that was only produced this year
  '18 Stage 1 Red Blend (regular price $55) …95pts 2023 American Fine Wine Competition
Price 3-pack $132 - 20% discount/shipping included ($44/b) (regular price $165 ($55/b) + shipping)
Price 6-pack $248 - 25% discount/shipping included ($41/b) (regular price $330 ($55/b) + shipping)

Offer #4: '17 Rutherford Cabernet - our current release Rutherford Cabernet (25+ yo vines, magnificant!)
Price 3-pack $169 - 25% discount/shipping included ($56/b) (regular price $225 ($75/b) + shipping)
Price 6-pack $315 - 30% discount/shipping included ($53/b) (regular price $450 ($75/b) + shipping)

Offer #5: [LIMITED AVAILABILITY] '16 Rutherford Cabernet - some believe this is the best we produced
  '16 Rutherford Cabernet (regular price $82) …95pts (Cellar Selection) Beverage Tasting Institute
Price 3-pack $172 (30% discount/shipping included ($57/b) (regular price $246 ($82/b) + shipping)
Price 6-pack $320 (35% discount/shipping included ($53/b) (regular price $492 ($82/b) + shipping)

ORDER HERE
Remember SHIPPING is included!

If you want to pay using something other than a credit card, message us.
Shipping is ground delivery - contact us for the additional cost to ship by 2- or 3-day air. Note: air shipping is required for Alaska and Hawaii.
Greyscale Wines ships to all states except AR, DE, KY, MS, RI and UT.

Additional Information about the Wines Listed Above

2016 Greyscale Rutherford Cabernet Tasting Card
95 pts (Cellar Selection) Beverage Tasting Institute (2019)
Gold Medal 2016 USA Wine Ratings

2016 is the fifth year we sourced Cabernet grapes from one of the finest vineyards in Rutherford right in the middle of the valley floor. The vines, over 25 years old, are grafted with Clone 4 Cabernet grapes that produce wines with a dark deep color, black fruit, excellent acidity and minerality, and a long finish.

The 2016 Greyscale Rutherford Cabernet is a medium- to full-bodied wine with an earthy complex nose of crushed black rock, dark chocolate, blackberries, charred wood, and spicy pepper notes. On the palate, the wine has a lush mouthfeel with flavors of blackcurrant, violet, and cola with polished tannin’s and a trace of fennel in its long finish.

The blend is 92% Cabernet Sauvignon to which 6% Merlot was added to support the mid-palate and 2% Petit Verdot was added to enhance the finish. The wine was aged for 22 months in French Oak barrels (Vicard 45% new and Hermitage 55% once-used) and racked several times to clarify the wine and soften the tannin’s. The wine was bottled in August 2018 and aged for 22 months in the bottle before being released in June 2019.
(14.7% ABV)

2017 Greyscale Rutherford Cabernet Tasting Card
92 pts Beverage Tasting Institute (2022)
Gold Medal 2021 American Fine Wine Competition

This is the seventh year we sourced grapes from the same block in a Rutherford vineyard right in the middle of the valley floor. The vines are over 25 years old and produce fantastic grapes. It is known for producing wines with elegant and silky fruit rather than powerful, blockbuster flavors. It reflects an old world sensibility of wine.

This vintage displays sweet blackberry and blackcurrent fruit intertwined with a dusty
soil note, which some refer to as “Rutherford Dust.” The ultimate “food-friendly wine.”

The blend is 97% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Cabernet Franc. The wine aged for 23 months in French Oak
barrels, 66% new (Ana Selection, Vicard).
(14.7% ABV)

2018 Greyscale Stage 1 Red Blend Tasting Card
Double Gold at the 2023 American Fine Wine Competition
95 pts from Beverage Tasting Institute (Exceptional, Top Bordeaux Blend for 2022)

Stage 1 was crafted to appeal to the modern palate and to be ready-to-drink now. This wine is robust but balanced with both depth and complexity and has enough acidity to complement food. Built to be a crowd pleasing wine! We hope you enjoy this first stage!

The blend is 82% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, and 3% Malbec. The wine was aged in French Oak (33% new, 76% once-used or neutral) for 18 months and 20 months in bottle before release.
(14.7% ABV)

2019 Greyscale Napa Valley Merlot Tasting Card
93pts (Exceptional) 2022 Beverage Tasting Institute
Gold Medal 2023 American Fine Wine Competition

This is the sixth year we have produced a single vineyard Merlot from the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley. The Merlot expressed traditional red fruit notes with a subtle touch of oak. A soft, but weighty, entry leads to lively tastes of black and red fruit, black pepper, and a touch of spice. Tannins are soft and well-integrated.

This wine is 100% Merlot (the first time our Merlot has not been blended with other grapes). It was fermented in a stainless steel tank and aged in 100% French oak barrels (50% new) for 19 months.
(14.5% ABV)

2020 Greyscale Cuvée Blanc Tasting Card
Gold Medal 2023 SF Chronicle Wine Competition

Our new world take on a Bordeaux Blanc – 100% Sauvignon Blanc, half fermented in oak barrel (stone fruit aroma/taste), half in stainless steel tank (citrus aroma/taste).

The wine has a brilliant pale straw color, lively nose of zesty lemon, apple, and subtle gooseberry notes. It is refreshing on the palate where zesty citrus stars on the mid-palate, giving way to more generous, rounded layers of vanilla cream. Age-worthy - enjoy now or cellar for up to 3-5 years.
(14.5% ABV)

1 Like

I assume that the shipping charges that show up will be removed from the credit card.

thanks for another order Julius!

yes shipping charges will be removed.

Larry

Glad to see you here! During BD12 I had a young palate and was just learning to like wine. Acidic whites were all I could drink. But, your 16 Rutherford was what finally turned me on to reds. Now that I have a taste for cab, I’m excited to see how the wine (and my palate) has changed. Cheers! :cheers:

Thank you for the kind words Sydney (I am assuming the order was from you). We have 3 Cabs ('16 & '17 Rutherford, and '18 Stage 1) and a Merlot ('19) for sale this year. I think each has a different perspective and style that you might want to sample. The '16 and '17 come from a famed vineyard in the middle of Rutherford. The vines were at least 25 years old, in fact, probably closer to 30 yo. But those two vintages were very different. '16 was hotter and followed a wet year, very rich and intense wine. '17 was a challenging year, not as much heat but steady even growth throughout the spring and summer. and fortunately, we had picked, crushed, and fermented the juice before the horrible fires that hit Napa and Sonoma. That year’s wine has a soft, elegant mouthfeel as opposed to rich intense fruit that the critics love. We say '17 is really like an old world style wine. The Stage 1, which we label a Red Blend, is a very different wine. The fruit comes from up on Atlas Peak. We used a different blend to make the wine taste more like a fresh, easy-to-drink more fruit-driven wine. In the end, it still is a majority Cabernet with a larger component of Merlot similar to the blends used in southern Bordeaux, although these days it seems that many left-bank wines are including more and more Merlot in their blends (e.g., Cos Estournel and Ch Lascombes).

The Merlot is made in a more cab-like style and it is 100% so you can really see what a well-made Merlot is like.

I think you will find these very interesting to compare with other Cabernet’s you might be drinking. And, after you have tasted some of them, contact me…I’d be happy to discuss what you tasted and think about the wines. That’s part of the joy of being in this business.

Happy drinking!
Larry
p.s. BTW you ordered exactly what I would recommend if you talked to me before ordering. I know you find these enjoyable and fun to drink.

5…4…3…2…1… => Greyscale Wines launches!

Contact me if you have questions, and for those of you who love Stagecoach Vineyards, check out our Greyscale Stage 1 Red Blend (wink-wink)!

Larry

Your web site won’t let me ship to Maryland, but your post indicates you do ship here. Can you clarify?

Yes we can ship to MD and all the states mentioned in the BD14 post. We just have to finesse the merchant system.

OK merchant system fixed. It will allow you to enter any state except MS & UT.

Thanks Larry! I’m in for a 3-pack of Stage 1. :grinning:

I’ve had the pleasure to taste through Larry’s line up…terrific wines. The Cabs are esp top notch in a balanced new world classic Napa style. Can’t go wrong!