Greer Cab 2018

Thanks for the input.

The price point is a bit high for me, and I’ve been tapering off on >$100 bottles of wine, but I do make a few exceptions, if the quality is there and I don’t have buyer’s remorse when I drink them. It makes the ‘should I buy this’ conundrum worse for me, as I like to get a few years of age on my wines before I drink them.

We’ve loved the few bottles we’ve tried (14,16,17) and got the etched 3L '18 for our anniversary year which is pretty neat looking
Greer.jpg

I didn’t realize “etched” was such a beautiful bottle. I thought etched meant etching in someone’s name!

I have been buying and drinking Greer since 2010. I have found it to be a rich, elegant, outstanding taste experience every year ( except 2011 which was not my style). More than equal to many other $200 to $300 wines.

Huge Greer fan here

Has anyone tasted 2018 yet?

Excited for the 18s! Drinking a 15 this weekend.

What’s the offer pricing at this point?

1 Like

$185 per 750

Holly heck that etched bottle is stunning.

It’s hard to capture on my phone but it’s an epic bottle for sure

Fancy for sure

Seems like life has come full circle. I think Roy Piper recommended Greer on this board way back in the day (2007 or 2008 vintage) and now Roy will be working with grapes from Greer. But, back to the issue at hand…you can’t go wrong with Greer. Never had a bad bottle, and it has always punched above its weight class. I’ve had it in tastings with Colgin, Harlan, HSS, Schrader, Myriad, Maybach, Realm, Hobbs, and others, and everyone has come away impressed. For me, the only issue is cost. If I could, I’d buy cases.

1 Like

Also know that Pott’s Arsenal is Greer fruit too.

Yes. After a long slow ox, it was one of the best young cabs I’ve ever had.

Anyone passing on theirs? Shoot me a Pm please.

in for a 3 pack

I just had the 15 and I wasn’t impressed. Doubt I will bite on the 18’s now.

1 Like

Grabbed my allocation! Love the property.

1 Like

Not a huge fan of 15s from most of the valley floor — kinda flabby and confected.