Greer Cab 2018

Greer id say is pretty similar to scarecrow. flashy at times but overall just more subtle than over the top rich. aaron pott doesnt make wines with a pH around 4 :slight_smile:

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what the 2017 Scarecrow M’Etain priced at last year? I sat that vintage out, taking a calculated risk that if I passed and they didn’t offer me the ‘18, that I could always replace with more Greer. Is it still around $200?

$195

1 Like

Grazie Mille. So this year it’ll be $250. :pensive:

i doubt rob greer goes to 250 with the 17’s. the 18 mag is priced at 400. 17’s then likely will be 195, and yea 18’s i can see maybe 210-215ish depending on the economy come 9/21. scarecrow m’etain-yea different story,lol.

I was referring to Rob’s neighbors to the north, or is it south?

North West I think

Does anyone know if the etched 3L comes in a wood box?

scarecrow doesn’t share a ‘fence’ border with greer, between the two of them is coppola. but yes scarecrow is NW of greer.

I asked Rob - I also wanted to know, since I got a magnum, but the Box and Etched label would have pushed me to get a 3L (or help me convince myself to do it). He said they’re not functional (except as gifts) and too expensive to ship, so he stopped doing that years ago

Nice Map from website. I believe JJ Cohn is Scarecrow

https://www.greerwine.com/the-domaine

Anyone got 3L allocations today?

Got allocations for 3L paper label and 3L Etched Label… had to pull the trigger on the 3L Etched. Too pretty (and amazing year) to pass.

Fyi for those interested posted 5 pristine bottles for Greer from 2010 and 2012 in CC for sale.

Am I crazy or did I just buy and receive the 2017s last year. 2018s have been released?

2018 large format bottles only.
2018 750’s in September 2021 (assuming like years past)

I believe the Mag release was first and the regular release is in Sept.

I hit this post as it was the latest Greer one I found.

Greer 2018 Magnums and 3L etched bottles about to ship!

Greer wine good enough to look into?

YES!