Goodfellow Spring Release

Goodfellow is my biggest purchase annually for the last 4 years. Between and the Cameron I barely need to buy anything else. But I do it anyway.

Not a bad call. Maybe I should have done that too. But I only got two and will drink one within two weeks of receipt.

[thumbs-up.gif]

Thank you everyone.

Honestly, I like making the wines more than anything. Knowing they are going to good homes is really important to me(especially as ethereal hasn’t always been as prized in wine as it is by Berserkers). 2019 is a great vintage(based upon the evolution of 2007 and 2010/2011), the Chardonnays are remarkable(and by no means just mine).

Hi Adam,

I am usually in favor of hitting the early window for “research”, but everyone should bear in mind that these wines were just bottled 3/29-3/31.

Especially with the elegance of the vintage, I would give the wines a month or two to come around.

What’s the minimum order quantity & how do I join the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course I’m in for some Richard’s Cuvee and Durant Chardonnay and the Temperance Hill Chardonnay sounds intriguing. My BD Temperance Hill Pinot Noir should be arriving soon.

I’ve found that I definitely prefer Marcus’s Pinots with a good deal of age on them so I need to put them way in the back to keep away from them.

Shoot Marcus a message. I don’t believe there’s a minimum order amount, although Marcus offers $30 flat shipping on full cases

No minimum quantity, and just send me an email marcus@goodfellowfamilycellars.com or you can join the list via the website.

Have been interested in trying these wines for a while, and finally pulled the trigger on 3 mixed cases of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from recent vintages and the new release. Bought enough to try a couple in the near term, (within the next year or so), and then squirrel away 2-3 bottles of each to get some age on them. All this talk of ethereal qualities has me really excited - sounds just like my preferred style.

In for two mixed cases. Hard to narrow it down with so many great wines!!

this is my issue too! There’s so much wine i don’t even know what to order. I’m paralyzed LOL.

There’s even a syrah/viognier!? Pinot gris!?

This is just the spring release?!

After trying several young wines from Goodfellow, and then tasting a few older wines, I realized that I wanted to follow these over time. So I buckled down, and picked out one red, and one white. Six bottles of each, so that ai can have a couple early, and then follow them over many years.

1 Like

I have a similar strategy. Which ones did you choose?

Wish I had space to do something like that; i’m trying to figure out how many I can actually purchase and have room to hold them/drink them

4 x Richard’s Cuvee Chardonnay
3 x Durant Chardonnay
3 x Temperance Hill Chardonnay (can’t wait to try)
2 x Oracle Pinot Noir (really interested to see how Marcus interprets this vineyard)

The SVD Pinots are great, but saving what little room I have for the block and Heritage Pinots, especially Lewman, Whistling Ridge & Temperance. May come back for a bottle of the Pinot Gris and drink it alongside a similar 2019 wine from Championship Bottle.

Don’t sleep on the Syrah! As with all Marcus’ wines, it needs a lot of time to really strut its stuff, but I’d expect 2013 to be entering a good place. Looking forward to checking in on one of mine this summer.

What’s the difference between the Block, Heritage and these pinots?

Charlie, the current offer just single vineyard wines, the Block Pinot Noirs are wines made from specific vineyard blocks in the single vineyards Marcus works with. Here’s Marcus’ answer as to what makes a Heritage wine https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2995064#p2995064

3 Likes

great. another enabler thread. I was adamant I wasn’t buying any, and now I’m going to end up ordering 2 cases. WB is the most expensive “free” website in cyberspace.

2 Likes

Whistling Ridge Pinot and Temperance Chard.

Quick question: how similar is the 2019 Temperance Hill Chardonnay to the Berserker Cuvee? IIRC it was also supposed to come from Temperance Hill.