Goodfellow Berserker Day offer

Hello Everyone and Welcome to Berserker Day 14!

As usual, I am sure you all have more than enough offers to work through, so we’ll get directly to them with as little preamble as possible.
For questions, please post them in the thread or email them to marcus@goodfellowfamilycellars.com

For orders, please email me. We typically are slammed for the first part of the day, but we’ll confirm as quickly as we possibly can. Shipping is a flat rate of $35/box (Up to 12 bottles in a box). Orders will be shipped ground or cold chain as soon as weather permits, and we ship to most states (where shipping wine is not a felony). Please note that the Berserker Chardonnay is not bottled yet and may not ship until the fall, depending upon your location.

If you are unfamiliar with Goodfellow Family Cellars we are located in McMinnville, Oregon, and focus on Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from unique and exceptional dry farmed vineyards in the Willamette Valley.

Without further ado, the Berserker Day 14 offers are below. For more detailed tasting notes please follow the link here.

Offer 1: “THE JESSICA NAGAR”

6-pack Berserker Day XIV: $212

Retail $255

12 bottle case Berserker Day XIV: $396

Retail $510

One bottle each=6-pack price or 2 bottles each=12 bottle case price

• 2021 Franc de Pied Pinot Blanc

• 2018 Dundee Hills Chardonnay

• 2020 Durant Vineyard Chardonnay

• 2019 Whistling Ridge Vineyard Pinot Noir

• 2018 House Block, Whistling Ridge Vineyard Pinot Noir

• 2015 Deux Vert Vineyard Syrah Reserve

This is a great introduction to Goodfellow wines, with a good range of the wines we make. The whites are bright, refreshing, and delicious. The reds showcase the whole cluster, less is more, house style. The 2015 Syrah is from a vineyard in the heart of the Willamette Valley, and reflects our much cooler climate, where Pinot Noir is the focus. Please follow the link here for tasting notes on all 6 of these wines.

Offer 2: “THE AL OSTERHELD”

Berserker Day XIV: $180 6-pack

• 6 bottles 2013 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, Mystery Cuvee

In 2013 we bottled a puncheon of one of the vineyards under Diam 30 instead of Diam 10 as an experiment. As time went past it became obvious that wine under the Diam 30 evolves very slowly, and eventually we had to decide what to do with this wine. Without a separate label, we eventually labeled it Willamette Valley but returned it to the cellar for a few more years. Now that the wine is 10 years old, Berserker Day seemed like a great time to release it. There is a small stamp on the back label and it carries a Diam 30 as the closure. At ten years, the wine is fresh and delicate still, showing red fruits and amaro notes. It could easily cellar for ten more years.

SOLD OUT! Offer 3: “THE RICK ALLEN”

• 6 bottles 2021 Berserker Cuvee, Temperance Hill Chardonnay

Offer 3.1: “THE FUTURES PACKAGE”

Berserker Day XIV 6-pack: $250

FUTURES

3 bottles 2021 West Field, Temperance Hill Vineyard Pinot Noir (Inaugural release)
3 bottles 2021 Temperance Hill Chardonnay

The West Field at Temperance Hill is one of the single most remarkable blocks of Pinot Noir in the Willamette Valley. I’ll post more details on that in the thread, but these are old vine, single high wire, plants on a very steep bit of Temperance Hill.

We took fruit from the West Field in 2020 in order to be able to have it going forward, and the 2021 is our inaugural release of a Pinot Noir from this remarkable bit of ground.

The 2021 vintage was a remarkable growing season, with low yields and high intensity. Thicker than normal skins led to dense flavors and lots of flavor and structure. This wine is from a single 500 liter puncheon, 100% whole cluster, and clocks in at 12.6% abv. It is arguably one of my 3 favorite barrels in the cellar, and for fans of our wines and Temperance Hill, this is a must. I’ll post a TN in the thread as well, since we don’t have it on the website.

Thank you to everyone who sold out the Berserker Chardonnay yesterday!

Offer 4: “THE SCOTT WATKINS”

Berserker Day XIV: $288 6-pack

Retail $360 6-pack

• 2 bottles 2015 Whistling Ridge Pinot Noir

• 2 bottles 2016 Whistling Ridge Pinot Noir

• 2 bottles 2017 Whistling Ridge Pinot Noir

A mini-vertical of Whistling Ridge from three lovely vintages. These wines are a beautiful way to really drill down into the singular expression of terroir from the Whistling Ridge vineyard. The red fruits shifting to black as the wines age, the tannic structure and bright acidity, the range of spice box aromatics and floral tones in wines that rarely carry any excess fat but never seem to lack for sinew. If you enjoy medium weight, structured and vinous red wines, then we can’t recommend this package highly enough, the 2016 is already dynamite, the 2015 opens well with a decanter, and the 2017 will probably always be a bit more punk rock than the 2016 (nature of the vintage) but it’s potential is undeniable. For more detailed notes on the wines you can click here.

If you want to go big and add 2 bottles of 2013, 2018, and 2019 to these 6 bottles, we’ll work it out for you at Berserker Day pricing. Just email marcus@goodfellowfamilycellars.com, or post it in the thread.

Offer 5: “THE MARK GOLODETZ”:

Berserker Day XIV: $320

Retail $400

• 2 bottles Heritage No. 4 Whistling Ridge Pinot Noir

• 2 bottles 2015 Bishop Creek Pinot Noir

• 2 bottles 2018 Whistling Ridge Chardonnay

This offer has three fabulous wines in it, one which we sent to Mark in New York in the middle of the pandemic: the Heritage No. 4 Whistling Ridge. That wine started a great conversation and friendship with Mark, highlights how wonderful the Wine Berserker board is for connecting people. All of these wines offer a very good experience now, but will continue to improve over the next 5-8 years, (and longer for the Heritage No. 4). For more detailed notes click here.

As always, THANK YOU! Extra special thanks to Todd French for beginning all of this, and to Brig, and all of the other Mods, as well as everyone who posts and helps to create the conversations and record the knowledge that makes this site so much fun and such an incredible resource.

9 Likes

Boom, offer in!

4 Likes

The insanity begins. Good luck Marcus and crew!

RT

3 Likes

Thank you Mark! Marcus is on emails, but I have your order in!

2 Likes

Thank You

5 Likes

Hi Megan! I would like one of the “Offer 2” packs. Will follow up quickly with an email.

3 Likes

Yes! Temperance Hill (personal favorite). Email sent.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Order in for a “Scott Watkins” 6-pack. Sent email to the email address. Thanks so much for such thoughtful line-ups and deals!

3 Likes

Actually I will take a Offer 3 as well for the Temperance Chard. Will send another email momentarily!

5 Likes

Sent an email for the Mark Golodetz 6 pack. First time buyer - everyone here seems to love what you do.

Thanks for the offer

2 Likes

Always a BD no brainer. Sent an email. Probably only time in my life I’m going to say, “In for a Golodetz”

1 Like

Order in! (at least my first order is in- you never know.) Thanks Marcus and Megan for great selection of offerings!

1 Like

I’m in for the Rick Allen x1, email sent as well

2 Likes

Put in an order to Marcus, of course included an Al Osterheld, love the 2013 Pinots!

-Al

3 Likes

In for 1x Rick Allen (6x 2021 Berserker Cuvee Chardonnay)! Will email as well.

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Order in via email for the Berserker Cuvee. Look forward to this offer every year!!

2 Likes

Just emailed for offer #1. Excited!

2 Likes

Just emailed would like offer 2 and 3.

1 Like

Order in for 1 Rick Allen and 1 Al Osterheld. Can’t wait for this fall!

1 Like

In for 1 and 3. Thanks!

1 Like