Good Hollywood LUNCH spots?

I’m heading up to K&L in Hollywood tomorrow (at Hollywood and Vine) and want to grab a good-but-affordable lunch before hand. Although I could probably drive to K&L with my eyes closed, I never really stop to eat anywhere around there, so I’m not familiar with the lunch options in the area. Anyone got any suggestions?

Brian,

The Hungry Cat is one of my neighborhood favs. They have a limited but interesting wine list.

1535 Vine Street
Los Angeles, CA 90028-7304
(323) 462-2155

Loteria (mexican) on Hollywood Blvd and Chan Dara (Thai) on Cauhenga are both good spots and reasonably priced.

Lisa, that location couldn’t be better, and their menu looks freakin’ delicious!! [thumbs-up.gif] Unfortunately one of the diners tomorrow doesn’t do seafood, so I’ll have to put the Hungry Cat in my back pocket for another time [help.gif]

… thanks for the rec., though … I’m certainly at K&L enough to give me plenty of opportunities to gradually allow me to make my way through HC’s menu. [berserker.gif]

this Thai spot has got me thinkin’ some things …

… keep the suggestions comin’, folks! [thankyou.gif]

Seriously…I am tempted to leave Val at home and go there without here for that menu!

Crab Cake sandwich? Yes please.

Lucky Devils, Hollywood Blvd.

This looks awfully tasty! … Ko-bay bur-gurs … nom nom nom… flirtysmile

Hungry cat is solid

Plus scoring if you are a hetero guy too.

Larchmont Wine & Cheese (If you want an amazing sandwich)
Umami Burger
8oz Burger
Mario’s Peruvian (Lomo Saltado)
Bastide (new, affordable menu)
Hatfields
Angeli (I’d go just for the fresh bread, it’s that good)

You want Thai? Go to Jitlada. Although Chan Darae’s waitresses are awesome.

+1!!

I revisited this thread again, today, for lunch suggestions.

Today, it was Hatfields. I thought it was pretty good, but too expensive. $19 for flat iron steak and fries is too much … as is $8 for a bottle of Hop Ottin’ IPA.

After initially starting this thread, Jeremy and I checked-out the Larchmount wine and Cheese shop – great sandwhich! Long line, and minimal seating, though.

Jeremy and I also tried the Hungry Cat a couple months ago – very good! IIRC, I had a softshell crab BLT sandwhich – super yummy!

“Chan Dara (Thai) on Cauhenga”

This place is good and is at LEAST as well known for its beautiful waitresses (they have a CALENDAR!) as the food…

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Chan+Dara+girls&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CtjirW21TTO3mCYq2iwO9i_zFDQAAAKoEBU_QM8di" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Necro-revival here. Looking for suggestions for a (preferably quiet and casual) lunch spot with a good BTG list in the same area. Any ideas?