Gold Dot Beer

Short answer is no. We distribute in Oregon, Washington, and California. Outside of that, our beers are, at times, available through Tavour.

1 Like

The Dunkel did not disappoint, malty goodness with a hint of chocolate .As with the Helles very smooth and enjoyable finish,.

1 Like

We have an Export Lager coming out in about a week - basically a pumped up Helles. The malt we use is almost exclusive to us. It’s really good, though Kevin and Lisa are already thinking of how to improve it.

I’ll keep my eyes open.Any kegs coming our way?

Yes. For our next delivery to Puget Sound, all four Gold Dot beer should be available in kegs. There’s also a Bottleworks anniversary collaboration that we brewed that will be available at Bottleworks.

Any idea when the BW Anniversary beer is being released?

As near as I can tell, Feb 24th.

1 Like

For those in the NYC area, They will be pouring our beer at Threes Brewery in Gowanus on June 29th. This looks like a great event, with some of the top lager breweries in the country.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! it was not in my radar. Very excited now!

Hey Rick ,what is a cold IPA?I see we just got a keg at PD.

A cold IPA is an IPA fermented with lager yeast, with a malt bill that includes quite a bit of rice. The beer is fermented very dry, and the rice lightens the mouthfeel. For me it tastes like an IPA for adults. Kevin developed the concept when he was at Wayfinder several years ago.

1 Like

Sounds like right up my alley, headed to the basement growler repository.:grin:Dispatching the boss for pickup.

1 Like

Last weekend, Bitburger had a competition in Portland called “The Bitburger Challenge”. They invited a dozen breweries to make a new German-style Pils for the contest, and then conducted a blind tasting among consumers and an expert panel. The contestants came from all over, including names like Jack’s Abbey from Massachusetts and Russian River. The winner gets a trip to Germany to visit Bitburger. Well, Kevin and Lisa won!

The beer is now sold out at the Brewery (we will have it on tap for a while), but it will be available in Oregon now, and in Washington and California next week. The good news for me is that I’ll actually get to brew again while they’re in Germany.

2 Likes

Time for your take on a cold IPA? :wink:

I’ll stick to lagers, thank you!

1 Like

Drank a can of the Gold Dot/Ft George collaboration Wojak Hopman Cold IPA. Admittedly I bought a can because I enjoyed the spin on Bojack Horseman (a fantastic TV show IMO).

A nice beer, but cold IPA is a style that just doesn’t move me. Every time I’ve had one, I think why am I not drinking a Pils or a pale ale? Hopefully that take doesn’t get me barred from the tap room. :crossed_fingers:t2:

Nope. You should be drinking a Pils anyway. We have two really good ones now…

1 Like

I was hoping to grab some Pils de Pils today from Bottleworks, but they posted that they had it in stock after I’d already made my trek to Wallingford for the day. Plan to grab some tomorrow though!

1 Like

@Rick_Allen Saw this collab beer in the list for the Fuji to Hood event - Heater Allen Brewing / Setouchi: Pirika Weizenbier. Will this be available outside of that event? :crossed_fingers:t2: Sounds really good!

So far, it smells/tastes pretty wild, in a savory kind of way. We still have to “dry hop” it with another Japanese spice, so who knows? This is Kevin’s baby, and he’s pretty sure-handed with that kind of thing.

It will be available in kegs only, but I strongly suspect that some will make it to Seattle.