God I still love shipping season!!!

Shipping season = sobering reality that I really over-purchased in the first few months of this year (particularly on Berserkerday). This realization is heightened by the circumstance that, in Maryland, we have had very cold temperatures until a few weeks ago. Once the temps went up, everything began shipping at once. The receptionist at my firm (who likes wine) mentioned that she “can’t believe” that anyone needs as much wine as I have received in the past few weeks. I think I have received about half of my orders at this point.

Did I mention that I was out of storage space before the shipping window opened?

I need to drink more and buy less.

Oh how I feel your anxiety…along with winery purchases, nearly all Envoyer purchases from the past 1+ years are also arriving. Passive is 85%-90% full, as is a small fridge…very much considering mass-liquidating a few assets posthaste to buy another one of substantially larger capacity.

That’s what I meant by drinking more and buying less. [cheers.gif]

I wish.

Because c’mon now, you should know they always need more time… [snort.gif]

Bedrock on Friday. Myriad and Quivet on Monday. Already received Beserker Day orders of Match, Black Cat, Sandler, Castelli and Harrington and a few random orders from Benchmark and others. Yep, shipping season sure is nice (and more than a little sobering).

Shipping season has its pros, but…

I spent two weeks ago time in the storage organizing five cases, to come today and find I have 8 boxes waiting for organization and storage. Got through four today. Four more to go before the last batch of relocated packages arrives …

The following conversation was Friday in my office:

Noon:
Mark: Today is Christy’s last day here as an intern. We should take her out for a drink.
Jay: Ok, But I brought all my wine home from the office last weekend so pick someplace that has good beer.

1:30 pm:
Alec: Here’s another one of those damn boxes I keep having to bring to your office.
Jay (to Mark): Whoopie, just got another delivery. Free wine. Pick a place where we can drink my stuff.
Mark: How about that Duck House place around the corner. Will they let you bring wine?
Jay: No problem. Been there, done that.

4:30pm:

Mark: We’re leaving now, but we have 6 people. Is that OK.
Jay: No problem. Barely half the delivery.

4:40 pm (at Duck House)

Jay: You can keep the menus, I know it by heart.
Waiter: You want me to bring you the seafood baskets?
Jay: Sure, good idea, goes well with the chardonnay.
Waiter: Do you need glasses?
Jay: Yes, I didn’t know we were coming today.
Other people from office: What? You bring your own glasses?