God I still love shipping season!!!

Actually no irony – Sunfish does 2 big tastings a year, called “Big Huge Wine Tasting”. 100+ bottles, with a few very nice wines in there for sure. Free too. I live 30 minutes away so have never shipped from them.
They also have a nice wine bar with rotating wines on Coravin. I don’t know another wine bar in Minnesota that has had d’Yquem by the glass…

Thanks, better yet!

I try to limit how much goes to my office, because I feel like such a lush in that I am the ONLY one who has personal packaged delivered to the office. Only the UPS packages go there, the FedEx I try my best to catch and hold at the local store.

So far Rochioli and Ceritas arrived. Rhys expected today. No word from anyone else except Williams-Selyem who ships at the end of the month.

11 boxes arrived today. My wife sent me a text. It said when she opened the front door our UPS driver said, “It has begun.”

Agreed. There’s nothing better than an office full of big boxes.

Yup now I really have to make the computer room at work permanent offsite storage [cheers.gif]

I am on both sides of this one. Was out for 45 minutes and missed the first attempt for my Ceritas delivery. But my UPS guy was so lovely when he arrived yesterday. His door tag on Tuesday said they would attempt on Wednesday by 10:30.

Yes, I do love shipping season.

In Ohio, so I’m getting my first shipments of the season today (both are Berserker Day orders). I love shipping season. I’m a lawyer and I’ll have a few boxes on a dolly at the end of the day on Fridays and see people in the elevator who say…“oh, looks like a lot of work at home this weekend,” and I get to say “Nope, it’s wine,” and their faces change from pitying to happy for me. It’s a ritual I don’t get tired of.

Shipping season is almost over for us here in TX. Another few weeks and it won’t be worth the risk.

Yea, I’m a little uncomfortable with all my shipments that are coming in next week. When I pulled the trigger the weather reports were 60-79, now it’s hedging to 84 a couple days. My problem is we’ve had high temps last few weeks when it was freezing up in NYC. Ugh.

Drinking them? Huh? I just like to line them up in my cellar, pull up a chair, and stare at them for hours, mesmerized. If I do it long enough they even begin talking to me!

LOL, that’s some funny shi’ite!

I am getting a little worried that more wineries haven’t emailed saying they are preparing shipments. I have a lot of wine floating around out there that I would like to have before the summer hits.

I always feel like a little kid at Christmas whenever a shipment arrives!

The shipping season along with storage consolidation gave me an opportunity to get to know the bottles better , as well as the storage space managers [wink.gif]

Quivet and Myriad Syrahs arrived, yesterday. Bedrock and Apsara were to be shipped this week but are now on weather hold. It’s fairly warm, today and supposed to be in the 90s tomorrow.

Storage space is getting filled. I’m going to have to drink faster. I’m thinking of sticking flex straws in the bottles to save the time that would be wasted pouring into glasses.

EDIT 10 MINUTE LATER.

Hmmm. Rhys just arrived. Kinda wish they’d have sent a “heads up.”

My case of 2012 Kistler pinot 4-SWK and 8 -Cuvee Elizabeth came yesterday flirtysmile. And a few 2010 Diamond Creek Volcanic Hill the week before [cheers.gif] Blankiet in a couple of weeks.

Shipping season while just moving into new house = ups/FedEx can’t figure out wether to hate you or become bff to be invited over.

Almost 2 cases arrived today. The FedEx driver loves me for having it delivered to the store. The store clerk hates me for having it delivered to the store. I’m loving FedEx more for making it so easy to redirect delivery.

Got a 15 pack from Envoyer. Didn’t know those even existed.