GLASVIN | Mega Sale | Kickstarter Launch Campaign for GV Home [Video] | New Fu / Kane Glasses | 15+ Michelin Starred Restaurants | Free Shipping $150+

[Note: I decided to extend this until the end of the weekend. Both the Fu and Kane glasses are sold out though]

Hi and happy Berserker Day 14! First off, thank you for all the support shown by WB members since 2020. Although this is only our third WB day, it appears we’ve already gained quite a following - you can read what other WB members have to say about us here.

Glasvin is a direct-to-consumer hand-blown stemware company. Our young and vibrant company offers hand-made glasses at an exceptional value. Our goal is to make premium glassware more accessible to all wine lovers. We believe selling directly to consumers allows us to be more engaging and provide better customer service. Here are some of our recent accomplishments:

• We are used in 75+ US restaurants and 15+ Michelin Starred Restaurants, and 5 Wine Spectator Grand Award restaurants
  • We are the official glass of La Paulée
  • We sold our 10,000th order
  • Featured on NYMag, Gear Patrol, Forbes, WSJ, Fortune, Food & Wine, Epicurious, People, AD, NY Post, and more
  • Custom glasses with Raj/Sashi/Domaine de la Côte/Evening Land, Contra, Flagstaff House, Pappas etc
  • Sold on Wine.com, Food52, Zola, and many other retailers

Today, we have three major announcements:

1. Get [ended] off our products for BerserkerDay14 here. Starting at just [ended]/glass. LINK - Use code WB2023 to get 10% off.
  2. We are launching our Kickstarter Campaign for GV Home, a line of more durable glassware at lower prices (but still handblown!). Get early bird pricing here. Starting at just $16/glass. LINK
  3. We are launching our “The Fu” and “The Kane” glasses! The Fu glass was designed by Charlie Fu, and The Kane by John Kane who each won this right on the BD auctions last year. We are running the same auction again this year. LINK

Glasvin Offers [LINK]

We are selling 2pk and 12pk of all of our products. All prices are quoted per stem.

[ended] Use code WB2023 to get 10% off.

Free shipping above $150 ($200 outside US/Can). Otherwise $9 ($20 outside US/Can). We ship globally

Most Items Ships Immediately. Shipping estimates provided on site. Pre-order estimates provided on site. Shipments without estimates will arrive in around 7 business days.

We take great pride in offering the best customer service in the industry. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.

GV Home Offer: Kickstarter Campaign Launch [LINK]
Today we are launching our GV Home line which is handblown wine glasses that are more durable in nature. This is a product that has already found a significant following among higher volume restaurants. These glasses are less expensive, and are still handblown. Note - if you’re used to the lightness of Glasvin glasses, these glasses may not be for you. They are designed for higher durability.

They start at just $16/stem.

See Kickstarter: LINK

New Products - Fu / Kane [LINK]

We have a limited amount of these glasses arriving in Feb. We will take backorders though and everyone will get what they want.

The Fu [Product Launch] - Link
720mL. 13.0cm x 22.8cm. Designed by Charlie Fu.

The Kane [Product Launch] - Link
580mL. 9.9cm x 22.8cm. Designed by John Kane.

The Precision [First Berserker Day] - Link
The Precision is a white wine glass designed to show off the acidity and minerality in white wines. It will also conveniently double as a flute that accentuates the flavors of sparkling wines. Great for the space constrained.

Our Bestsellers [LINK]

The Universal - Link
Glasvin Universal is very much a glass that is suited for all wines (think not just red, white but also sparkling, beers, sweet wines, etc). We love it because it’s the right size for almost all situations, and works great for large groups and restaurants. Some people will view Universal as a white wine glass. It certainly goes very well with white wines, so much so that we don’t have a white wine glass, and probably will never. A red wine will not flounder here either. Sometimes this style of glass is referred as an All-Purpose glass, or “AP”. H: 23.5cm, W: 9cm.

The Expression - Link
We view Glasvin Expression as the perfect complement for the Universal glass. They feel very much similar. Expression is like the Universal glass but 20% larger. If you are used to having a different red wine vs a white wine glass, then Expression and Universal are a great pairing. This glass is exceptionally beautiful and a great match visually to the Universal. In many ways it feels more elegant than Universal because it is not much heavier, and because of the larger body, it feels even more balanced than the Universal. We are really excited about this glass, and we think many red-wine lovers will absolutely love this. The larger body allows wines, especially tannic wines, to breathe and aerate. Bigger whites will benefit from this glass too, if you’re feeling adventurous. H: 23.25cm, W: 10.8cm.

The Aromatic - Link
Glasvin Aromatic follows a certain tradition of glassware that is gaining popularity as drinkers shift more towards mono-varietal, single-vineyard wines, where the more delicate wines are typically very aromatic and can benefit from greater accentuation and concentration of the aromas. The Glasvin Aromatic was inspired by both red and white burgundy glasses. Both Burgundy varietals will perform well in these, as well most other serious wines. H: 23cm, W: 12.6cm.

The Decanter - Link
Glasvin Decanter fills to the widest diameter with a 750mL bottle. It can contain a full magnum bottle as well. It is narrow enough so that it does not take up too much table space. To speed up aeration, the decanter can be effortlessly swirled from the neck. We designed it so it complements our line of glassware in form for casual wine nights as well as full-scale blind tasting events. Each item is unique. H:28.6cm, W: 14.5cm.

*If you really would like a 1pk of the Decanter, feel free to buy it off our normal site, email me, and we’ll refund you the 20%.

Stemless - Link
Glasvin Stemless is made to the same quality as our stemmed wine glasses. That makes them some of the most serious drink-ware on the market. They can be used to drink just about anything. We really love our Glasvin Stemless because they give you most of the experience of the Universal but because there is no stem, you don’t have to worry about lightly setting it onto a surface. We are also very proud of the price we can offer this at, making handblown “stemware” more accessible to more people. H:11.5cm, W: 9cm.

The Champagne - Link
The Champagne glass is our glass made specifically for sparkling wine that keeps the traditional elements of a champagne glass design, but unleashes the aromatics of sparkling wine perfectly. H: 23.5cm, W: 8.25cm. This item was designed by Adrian So. We met Adrian on Wine Berserkers, the wine blog where Glasvin was first featured.

The Prestige - Link
The Prestige allows for a full bouquet of aromas to develop around the wine while still comfortably sized for all settings. The wider bowl allows for faster development in wines that need it. This glass is closest to a Bordeaux glass or a red wine glass. H: 23.25cm, W: 10.8cm.

The Obsession - Link
The Obsession is designed to showcase highly sensual wines, providing the maximal aromatic release while tasting both red and white wines. This glass is closest to a Burgundy glass or a chardonnay glass. H: 23cm, W: 12.6cm.

Shop Now [LINK]

Most of our products now ship in this gorgeous packaging that features art from NYC artists!

Our 2pk has beautiful packaging, our 12pk has basic packaging, and is not suitable for gifting - please only purchase for personal use.

2 Likes

Been waiting for this! In for some stems and another decanter!

1 Like

In for some Fu’s. May grab more - trying to temper the CC bill.

3 Likes

Thanks Bret, hope you enjoy

4 Likes

Thanks Nick, The Fu rocks

1 Like

Hey all, I’m the Kane of the Kane glass. Getting to design a stem was a wonderful experience. It is something I’ve wanted to do for a while and I was ecstatic to have the opportunity after last year’s BD13.

The Initial Idea
I’m a big fan of too many stems. I love the GGG and Zalto Uni, but felt they’re both on the small side. I love the Glasvin uni and Prestige, but wanted something with a bit more modern aesthetic. Fan of the Grassl 1855 and Cru, but wanted something less one dimensional and specific. Something like this:

which I sketched up on Jan 27, 2022.

Developing the Mock Up
My tiny little sketch wasn’t going to get the job done. One of the things I love about the Glasvin Prestige is the nice straighter top lip. Not outwardly angled like a teku beer glass, but something straight for a good pour and to funnel a wine’s aroma into my admittedly quite large nose. That would also allow the glass to keep a little width in the rim instead of having a narrowing enclosure like some newer burgundy glasses.

That led to another sketch where I tried to develop that top lip.

Finding Balance - Practicality, Stability, Aesthetics
I as I sat on that previous sketch I didn’t like the breadth or depth of the base. I also struggled around that time with a few stems that broke in dishwasher due to height, and two that broke when casually placed on arms of couches only to tip over due to instability (and poor placement). I wanted to get my bowl just right, have a slightly shorter stem and a little bit wider base than some models. That lead to a life-sized mock up with graph paper and a ruler. (Ignore base, it’s not drawn to scale though the number 10.5 cm is accurate)

The Final Glasvin Mock
After submitting my final mock, David at Glasvin coordinate with his team to produce their final mockup to send to the glass blowers. I loved the look. It should be an excellent universal with a more unique design, good size, and supreme utility.

Glasvin Kane

Cheers. I hope you get amazing enjoyment out of this stem if you choose to snag a few. Warm it up with some champagne, then go big!

10 Likes

Thanks John, this is my first time reading the backstory here. It was a pleasure doing this for you. If you ever want to design another glass, please let me know

1 Like

The Fu looks amazing! @CFu you really went off on the design

3 Likes

Bought some more! Thanks, David!

3 Likes

Love these glasses. All stocked up so don’t need to order any this year, but big fans. You won’t be disappointed!

1 Like

Thank you Pedro! We will get it over to you asap

Last year we switched to GV from Zalto at our Estate property and haven’t looked back! The continuous, positive feedback on the look and feel of these stems from our clients confirms we made a solid choice. Currently we are using the Prestige glass for our Chardonnay and Pinot Noir tasting, I wish we had more sparkling to offer because the GV Champagne glass is one of the sexiest stems I’ve held IMO. David has been amazing to work with as well, we will continue supporting his efforts and GV!

2 Likes

Love these and the story of design. In for a 12-Pk of each of the Prestige and Obsession.

In for Expression

I got a few of the Kane glasses, Charlie’s glass looks a little too aggressively tapered in for my taste.

3 Likes

In for Prestige and Decanters.

1 Like

Hi all,

A few months ago I was drinking a 2010 Comte Liger Belair La Romanee with two other friends at one of their homes. So we decided to do a test run of a multitude of stems to see the difference between the stems for the wine.

What I kept noticing is that the wines with aggressive narrowing to the top always seems to have a smaller bowl. These wines always had a more concentrated nose, but on the palate the wine seemed darker and more structured.

While the ones with larger bowls always had a larger opening and the slope up was more gradual. The nose wasn’t as focused as the other stems but the palate felt lighter and more nuisance. But with the large bowls if you didn’t have enough wine in them, it would oxidize quickly.

So I thought, why not try making a glass that was both without being absolutely gigantic?

And that’s how the FU came to be. A wide bowl to allow for gentle aeration when you swirl, but with that same tapering that can focus the nose.

I also found that a very SLIGHT lip at the top of the wine also seems to spread the wine further on the palate, so included that as well.

I know the design is fucking out there. But I’m not going to make you a boring ass glass. If it’s too much for you, then F U. (ha ha)

6 Likes

Thanks! Not that I get any kickbacks or fees or anything, but ego is a powerful thing and all that.

2 Likes

Kane is pounding his chest right now

1 Like

This stem is bonkers, couldn’t resist picking up a pair!