Glass enclosed wine wall/cellar

Based on a shower door we just had installed I would venture to guess the glass alone will exceed 4K. At least in California prices…

looks stunning though!

Sean

Ask your friend to let you stand still while you take the picture next time! [basic-smile.gif]

I can’t quite see the racking in that photo.

newhere My camera wouldn’t focus due to the reflection off the glass. Here’s a shot from closer in but does give the overall scope of the cellar.
image.jpg

Looks like Vintage View triple deep

That looks very, very sweet. Brian, does that hold ~440 bottles?

Yup, 441 in racking.

Brian: Is that Mike & Leah’s?

Yes sir.

These are the styles that I have in mind once I decide to pull the trigger. Trying to figure out, first, where my wife wants to move once we kick the kid off to college. Like the more modern, open, glass look.

Agree that it looks actively conditioned but also looks like gaps between the bottom edge of the glass and the floor. Can’t imagine it is efficient. Like another poster mentioned, even if it has a good seal, single pane shower glass has a good chance of sweating. I really like the look, but doing it right is expensive.

New Dining Room Wine Wall! Holds 800 bottles…no basement…
IMG_1930.JPG

So assuming that each row has 20 racks that go 3 bottles deep and there’s 7 racks (420?) that’s about what I think I might actually need…minus the need for magnums. What was the ballpark cost of that?

Bill - nice look. How does the cooling system work in your setup?

Yep, that definitely looks like vintage view triple deep racking. We’re using that on the sides with the peg system and Walnut wood backing in the middle (again, peg system alone is wildly expensive)

The glass price was around $6,500 for 4 large doors and 2 smaller side lights on the ends with locks, install, etc here in AZ.

How do you prevent fogging/sweating?

Move West of the Rockies.

Rich - If you don’t mind my asking, who is doing the work for you here in Phoenix?

No problem Jim - it’s Innovative Wine Cellar Designs. They’re based in Scottsdale but I believe they have a Tucson showroom as well.

I talked to most of the companies in town and assumed I would go with a smaller company initially…but Innovative not only had the best ideas/design…but they were actually the most cost efficient as well. They’ve been great to work with so far and I highly recommend them.

Shoot me a PM if you would like more details, but ask for the owner Sandy (Sandy is a guy) or Mindy (designer) if you call, and let them know I suggested you reach out.

damn. I’d have to keep the cellar neat and clean. That’s a deal breaker.