Give me your screaming good under $20 red or white every day wine

red from the Douro Valley
Quinta do Crasto’s Flor de Crasto
all recent vintages have far, far outperformed the $10/bottle case price

2016 Anne Amie Pinot Gris

This was going to be the first one I mentioned.

I can still get the Produttori’s Langhe Nebbiolo locally for under $20. Tommaso Bussola Ca’ del Laito (Valpolicela) for under $20 is also very good. One could spend a lot of time trolling the Italian section of a good shop, and drink very well for under $20.

La Rioja Alta Vina Alberdi

In various vintages, such as 2011, this is an excellent quality wine. I actually prefer it to the higher cuvees which have a much more significant signature of American oak. This lower price bottling has less new oak.

This.

Also, Charvin Vin du Pays (how much is their Cotes du Rhones these days).

Charvin’s Cotes du Rhone is excellent. It was also closer to $30 than $20 last time I checked, unfortunately; still a worthy buy at that price point, however.

Seeing this locally at $17.99 (it’s the 2014 vintage). I’ve never had it. Still a buy at that price? TIA

I think the CVNE crianza is always a really great value for $12

Echo prior thoughts on the Bastide Miraflors and the La Rioja Alta Vina Alberdi. Also like the Guigal Crozes Hermitage, Casas del Bosque Syrah Gran Reserva and any albarino that I happen to have.

I like the Anne Gros & Jean Paul Tollot wines from Languedoc, and those can be found for sub-20. There was a recent offer through garagiste where they ran like 16 each or something.

do you think youll still spring for this wine as often with the winemaker change?

Pieropan Soave
Alessandria Pelaverga

Pepiere
Clos de la Roilette

Good call. So good every year, still widely available under $20.

Marietta Cellars Old Vine Red
Las Rocas Garnacha
Wolftrap red
Charles & Charles Rose
Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc

I know Bedrock Old Vines is $20, but due to lack of wide availability it is not a daily drinker.

I love it too, but the $5 or so premium to get the Cuvee Tardive is worth every penny, so I really do not buy the base wine that much.

Agreed. I was just following the rule of the game. haha

We’ve really enjoyed Domaine de Montine Côtes du Rhône 2015…at around $14, it scratches that Rhône itch in a very drinkable way.

I’m enjoying the 2014 Mondavi Oakville Fume Blanc at the 12.99 price that Costco is selling them at.

Ok, nearly anything from Eminence Road.

I hear Arbalest is good. [whistle.gif]