Give me your screaming good under $20 red or white every day wine

With the Total Wine periodic 20% coupon, one can normally get Lanessan for $20. My local TW has 2010 mags at $50, so $40 with coupon. I grabbed the 2009 mags for $40.

that '15 lafage is hard to beat at about $14
been thru almost 3 cases already

I would go to the top producers from so called “unfashionable” regions/countries. Great wines at $15 can be found!

I’ve been finding Sigalas at my local Costco recently. Such a good deal

Two from Charles Neal: Coteaux Des Travers La Mondona Rasteau (2014, $17) and La Grange de Piaugier Cotes du Rhone (2016, $12). Served both at a party over the weekend and both disappeared quickly.

Charles Neal imports some affordable gems but I am not sure how wide the distribution is outside of the Bay Area.

I think Abbazia di Novacella Kerner is one of the great values of the wine world. It’s a big, rich white with plenty of acidity and minerality to balance the prominent fruit and floral notes. Ridiculously good for the price. I’m told it can age, too.

And yeah, for people who can still find Sigalas Assyrtiko for $20 or less, that’s fantastic. It’s much more expensive in my home market now.

Senejac
Yves Cuilleron Syrah
Pepiere (multiple bottlings)
Lustau Fino and Amontillado
Carl Loewen Kabinett Riesling

Bedrock OV Zinfandel

Every year, without fail, Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc/Viognier, $12

We had some guests over recently who drink wine, but - shall I say - need some help. I served this to start and had to go do a quick chill on a 2nd bottle they drank it so fast. Unanimous winner.

Cheapest I can find Bedrock OVZ is $26 so that’s out. I love Meerlust Rubicon but that’s closer to $30.

My vote is for the Substance Cs. Just opened a 2014 and it was tasty, especially for $13

A wine that I have been enjoying is the 2014 Domaine Lafage Tessellae Old Vines- French Languedoc Roussillon that sells for $13 on sale. It’s a soft GSM blend and great for every night food.

Baudry Les Granges
Max Ferd Richter Kabinetts
Habrard Crozes Hermitage (for now)
Joguet cuvee terroir & les petites roches
Terre Nere Etna Rosso
Pepeire

+1

Vajra Langhe Rosso

For reds, a number of Cotes du Rhône’s come to mind: St Cosme, St Cosme Les Deux Albions, and Grand Veneur Champauvins.

For whites, I’ll second A. Altman’s recommendation of Max Fred Richter’s kabinetts.

Marco Cirillo’s “The Vincent” Grenache. It’s from 80+ year old Grenache vines and is from the Barossa. Partial whole bunch, old French oak and some stainless and completely atypical of what people expect from the Barossa. It’s exported to the US and should be around $20ish USD per bottle.

+1

Huguet de Can Feixes Blanc is solid, if not in the AdN Kerner class.

Honestly, there’s also a good long list of Oregon white wines that are under $20 and just great.

Helioterra Melon de Bourgogne
Love & Squalor Riesling
Belle Pente Muscat
Twill Chardonnay
J. Christopher Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc

I’ll add PGC Dry Muscat and Goodfellow Whistling Ridge White to the list of Oregon Whites.

Pinon Vouvray Silex Noir. Can often be found under $20 but now typically straddling that price.

+1