Gilman is crazy about Rhys "Hillside" wines

Most of the drinking windows for the SCM vineyards are 2050 or longer. Syrah out to 2060. The evolution in bottle should be interesting.

Glenn,
Though we expect the 2013 wines to age quite well, I am really surprised at how well they drink today. Yesterday we opened a bottle of each Hillside and I (a known baby killer) would really enjoy drinking either one right now.

You’ve got the wrong “G. Beinstock”. Glenn isn’t from Clos Saron, AFAIK. :slight_smile:

Sorry about that! Fixed!

With August half gone, thought I would inquire as to the timing of this release. I haven’t seen a “coming soon” email either.

Cheers!

Yep, becoming like Galloini: never a chardonnay or pinot noir he doesn’t like.

Sorry about the delay! We have begun another very early harvest!
We will send a “save the date” tomorrow and the offering will start Aug 30.

I had the 13 Rhys Horseshoe in a blind tasting of chards vs white Burgundies Sunday night.
It showed very well against these:
’07 Pucelles, P. Pernot - Mildly advanced
’10 Ritchie Vineyard, Ramey - Ramey is always one of my favorite chards in a Burgundian style
’11 Rosemary’s Vineyard, Talley - obviously California
’13 Russian River, Aubert - another one easy to tell; low acid, good not great
’05 Clos de la Mouchere, H. Boillot - young, fatter vintage showing well
’13 Horseshoe Vineyard, Rhys - excellent

Does Gilman review the wines blind?

$150 per bottle. This hurts before the offer is even official!

It’s only $149. Sounds so much better!!

Right. And with the free shipping, it’s effectively more like $145. Breathing easier now.

"No diminishment in quality of the vineyard bottlings "

Truth will be in the bottle, right?>

I bet they are gonna be incredible

opens wallet
grumble grumble

The most I have ever spent on a wine is $125. Not buying these.

I’ve never read anything that would lead me to believe he does, but I could be wrong.

Just wondering, mixed feelings about blind vs. non-blind. In a case like this, with new “premium” wines, it would be interesting to see where they stand in a blind situation. But in the end you have to trust the critic to be as unbiased as possible.

Does Stevie Wonder review wines unblind?