Get Ready for 2013 Comtes!

Is this referring to the ‘12 or the ‘13? I have a ‘12 on deck for Saturday…

2 Likes

I was referring to the '12. I had it most recently with Blake blind in August and I had the '11 and '12 reversed. In fairness, I think the '11 drank better than it did on release, but I have had some great bottles of the '12. I just think the '12 is in shutdown mode, as well as the '08. If you do decide to open it, I would open it a few hours before you plan to start drinking it.

3 Likes

I was referring to the 12 too. Haven’t gotten to taste 13 yet.

2 Likes

Crush offer at $199

Vs c. $162 all in equivalent in the UK.

1 Like

Saw release of Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle 26 at £795/6.

Oh and got 2013 Comtes offered at £675/6 on a purchase of 2 cases.

1 Like

I saw grand siecle with a metal vest looking like ace of spades…

1 Like

There is still plenty of '13 Comtes available. Quite the opposite of the the '12 release. One of my contacts told me that word got out that there were quite a lot of offers below RRP and the UK agent was going to remove allocations of those doing so. Not so sure I believe that will be the case.

1 Like

I know this is a thread drift (based on the subject), but am I missing something with Laurent Perrier? Has something dramatically changed in the quality?

1 Like

No I think it’s still good, but they’re definitely going for the ace of spades aesthetic.

Best I’ve seen is £715 from FRW. What have I missed?

2 Likes

You can’t sell your product at the price you’ve (clearly wrongly) determined so your answer is to reduce the number of vendors. Yeah, that’ll fix the problem.

2 Likes

Haven’t they done some limited edition bottling a la Dom P? The 25th edition was released in a “Sun King” bottle but I don’t think they changed all the packaging on the 26th. Ok just looked, that bottle is the limited edition “Lumierers.”

/end thread drift

1 Like

I think ‘12s are shut down from limited experience and notes here.

3 Likes

Exactly.

3 Likes

Pff. I’d be a buyer at $150.

3 Likes

13 is generally a better Champagne vintage, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the 13 is better. I’ve not had it.

4 Likes

The offer I bit on was $147 plus shipping from the UK

5 Likes

Now that doesn’t sound too bad at all. Frankly it’s surprising to see deals this low already.

1 Like

Lopa just sent out an email for this wine at $182.99

3 Likes