GERMANY: Restaurants in Bingen, Bernkastel, Trier and Bad Kreuznach -

Spending the good part of July in wine country - staying 4-5 days each in Bingen, Bernkastel, Trier and Bad Kreuznach. Ay restaurants/gasthauses stand out? Thanks -

@Thomas_Keim - There are lots of threads here on this topic.

For starters my favorite place to eat in the Mosel is Die Mosel.

In Trier my favorite spot Yong Yong.

Get the Mosel Fine Wine Mosel visitors guide.

I will add more later…

1 Like

Thanks Robert - I will look them up -

Adding the best place to drink old wine is Zeltingher Hof.

Let us know what else you are looking for. I would say just about every restaurant is listed in the Mosel Fine Wine guide. In my opinion as someone who has eaten all over the world the Michelin system is not the same in German wine regions.

1 Like

I’ll second Die Mosel and Zeltinger Hof. If you’re interested in fine dining, it’s a short drive to Waldhotel Sonnora, one of the world’s great restaurants, currently operating at a very high level. People also love Christian Bau, but we had a disappointing meal there.

1 Like

I am actually staying in Zeltingen, so I am right down the street from the Hotel - great wine list - thanks!

Since beer is also a passion, I will be visiting some of the more simple Gasthauses at night (since I am visiting wineries all day long). It’s Bitburger country here, so it’s a little harder to find the smaller brewery’s beers at local Gasthauses - there’s a great little monastery/brewery in Bernkastel, so that’s a planned visit (or two).

That is cool. I don’t think I have ever even drank a beer in the Mosel. Other than wine I think I had a Gin and Tonic once!

And with my newfound passion for German Pinot Noir - gonna spend a lot of time looking for the up and comers - your thread on Wine Talk has been immensely helpful - and scanning over the local wine lists, am finding some really cool places to visit -