Gary Vaynerchuk - The Blaze

The Blaze features Gary V: “Leaving a communist country, coming to America and making millions - the story of Gary Vaynerchuk will surprise you”

(Mods: I put this in “Wine Talk” as that’s were/how GV made his $ and what this is about. If you wish it in ‘The Asylum’, feel free to move it.)

Video:

Nice!

Thanks for the post. Malcolm Gladwell in his book, Outliers, talks about a concept he calls the 10,000 hour rule. This is the minimum amount of time that an individual needs striving to become great at something. In Gary’s world becoming one of the great wine retailers. I’m pretty sure that Gladwell didn’t use Gary in his research but his passion, drive, and “time” put in becoming competent at what he does sure is a great example. I love seeing passion and commitment in the pursuit of a dream.

Good interview. I have always liked Gary. He’s a good guy that would cross a busy street just to say. The part of the interview is interesting where he say’s he found out that wine is a collectible and for that he put Frank Thomas Rookies aside. Cart before horse, but outcome as good as he could hope for. If you read his tasting notes, it sort of makes sense… [cheers.gif]
What he lacks in height, he makes up in passion!

:slight_smile:

Very cool…thanks.

Where did you find this? I would like to watch the entire interview and I just did a search on “The Blaze” and could not find it…

and that requires a lot of passion [basic-smile.gif]

+1 on good guy comment

It came across my Facebook stream from The Blaze.