Fu in da Hood: Gangsta Rhone Night in O-Town w/FL Man Berserkers [Verset, Juge, Levet, Gonon VV, Jaboulet, et al]

I agree that the late releases seem far too young for the vintages on the btl. A friend of mine disagrees since “they could never do that”…

Are they reconditioned with the same vintage or a current release?

Why not? The Bordelaise did it? Borgogno did it in Barolo?

I know, right? No band-aid or bacterial spoilage notes…

Ha! Never got that on the 2009. (Or any others IME. Used to be a splash of VA sometimes, which I liked.) The 2009 is really a great wine, Nathan, which you were supposed to experience first hand last summer!

I had the 2009 a few years back, and loved it, but not as much as I did the 2010, 2011 and 2014. Perhaps it was just outshined in this line-up, or my review of it was just off, it was one of the last wines in a long line-up of wines among a small group (none of us spitting!), but it was not at the Gonon VV level. It was side-by-side with the Gonon. Perhaps one of the boys has a view they would like to share. I’m not sure MarcF has climbed out of bed, however!

So etiquette for a berserkers get together is 2.5 bottles per person. Got it.

I need to get my tolerance up

This sounds like an awesome night. I will try to ping you next time I take the wife and kids to Disney World. Maybe I can escape for a few…

Chinon Fest? The World is Due. Rieslingfeier, Paulee, Festa de Barolo, blah blah blah. Rip your damn enamel off with Muscadet and dry Chenin and then dye your teeth with deep red buttfunk-and-Bell-pepper Chinon…

FIRST VERSET?!? wut.

Great notes!

Wow…what a great night of food, wine and friends…cheers…

Etiquette is such a loaded word here. From my perspective, it is: don’t judge, be cool, be generous, don’t drive. And use your own judgment and discretion on how much you wish to consume and how. At one of my last functions, one of my best friends was on a hiatus from alcohol, and he came to enjoy the food and company, brought two great bottles, and just drank tea and coffee.

I keep telling you guys, we are country down here. We cannot even prounounce it. MarcF kept using a hard “T”. We also got electricity a bit ago.

Sweat pants are such a power move. Tremendous long-ball game for an off liner.

Etiquette in these part of the old world is normally

bottles per person
But we are vikings [cheers.gif]

That’s irrational.

Whoa, great night. makes me want to take a trip to Orlando soon.

Transcendental etiquette!

The leg-warmers gave me some pause.

Ha, my wife is a Viking! I’m going to Valhalla.

Did you miss the entire decade of the 90s with Juge? It’s fine that people like these, as objects of fetishization, I find it amusing. Gentaz? Hell yes. Verset? Of course. Trollat? Well too late, the wines are all washed now. But Juge? [shrug]