FS: Echézeaux Under $100

We recently brought in a few wines from Francois Confuron-Gindre, a small Domaine based in Vosne-Romanée. The entry level wines see 25% new oak and are a bit old school / rustic, definitely needing some time in the cellar. The 1er Cru see a bit more oak and Grand Cru 100% new oak. From the importer:
“This maroon-tinted version of Echézeaux Grand Cru is perfection — it is deep and powerful while remaining totally precise. Fresh plums and cherries, pepper and herbs, as well as calcaire poke through on the finish. Fat and rich, it has been aged in 100% new oak for 18 months.
Based in the famous village of Vosne-Romanée, this small but exceptional domain is owned by François Confuron and Claudine Gindre. Together, they are the charming and energized couple who run this 27-acre estate. The domain — which is quickly developing the impressive reputation it deserves — covers about 50 different small parcels in a handful of assorted Village, Premier, and Grand Cru appellations. Overall, these are classic, extremely compact, soil-driven wines that will reward those with patience.”

As I write this I’m finishing off the last glass of a bottle opened a few days ago, showing even better today. No overt oak on the nose, I get a dark fruit profile and a bit of soy & leather. Good concentration on the palate with some spice and chalky texture. Leans a bit modern and has a lot of cellar potential. Tough to beat this for value as there’s only 1 Echezeaux GC sub $100 showing on Wine Searcher. [shock.gif]

2014 Francois Confuron-Gindre Echézeaux
Berserker Pricing: $80/ per (8 btl available)

(we retail this for $89.99)

Cheers,
Dan
champagne.gif