Foreign Language CT Notes

The best of luck with the Finnish notes! [snort.gif]

Pourquoi?

To quote an argument on the subject I once heard, “If English was good enough for Jesus, it’s good enough for everyone else.”

or, “If they want tourists to come to support their economy, they should learn to speak our language.”

Maybe that argument is correct. If so, I guess these Countries should start learning Chinese dilects soon. Lol.

Legit question, did Jesus speak english? I thought Hebrew.

From what I’ve read, it is generally accepted that he spoke Aramaic, Hebrew, and Greek.

Probably the only Finnish word I know is kissa. Which was my cats name. [snort.gif]

That’s definitely a start! However, probably not the most useful word in terms of trying to decipher Finnish tasting notes. :smiley:

But if you want to expand your vocabulary with an additional word (in regard to Sauvignon Blanc), cat’s pee is “kissanpissa” in Finnish.

CT needs to decide on one universal language to be used by all.
I recommend Klingon.

The Joshua guy who the Romans crucified spoke Aramaic. The NT was written in Koine Greek, which is what the character named Jesus therefore spoke

I thought kissa was Italian? In Rome I pissed someone off and they said “Kissa my Ass”

I hope it wasn’t actually a serious question [wow.gif] Actually, English didn’t even exist as a language during that time period.

[highfive.gif] [oops.gif] [rofl.gif]

I think the Italian for is fafancullo(sp)!

I was going to ask you. Seriously!

I think your ass key is locked.

You’re joking, right? English did not exist in its current form or anything close to it 2000 years ago. That’s the joke. Odds are Aramaic.

Battle of Hastings was 1066.

This is the Ugly American thread.

Do you think there’s a wine forum in any other country where they complain about all the American English notes on CT?