Flash Sale Thursday - TODAY ONLY (2/9) David & Nadia, Hoe-Steen Chenin Blanc Swartland 2018

Hey guys,

I want to do special one-day discounts. Thursday Only, I’ll do deep discounts on specific wines - either big brand names or some off-beat, geeky stuff; varietals as a group (Pinot, Riesling, etc.) or categories (South Africa, Loire, etc.). The specific wines will be deeply discounted on the website for the day (or until sold out) and varietals / categories will be accompanied by a discount code - good for a the day. So check in on Thursday to view the deal.

If you like the offer, please proceed with the online order. If you know anyone who might be interested, please let them know. Any questions, reach out to me: Igor (igor@vinousreverie.com, shop phone: 925-464-5320). If you want to join my newsletter, where I have weekly deals, upcoming tastings plus new additions to stock, please sign up HERE

Today’s Offer:
David & Nadia, Hoe-Steen Chenin Blanc Swartland 2018 - From $85 to $65

This is David and Nadia’s single vineyard Chenin Blanc. I think it is one of the benchmark Chenin Blanc’s from South Africa. The product page has more details on the wine.

95 points Vinous Media
“The 2018 Hoë-Steen is predominantly Chenin Blanc, planted toward Darling on deep iron-clay soils and usually picked after the reds. The vines were planted in 1968. This has a more stony bouquet than the Skaliekop, a very slight nutty/smoky note emanating from a few Palomino vines. The palate is just superb. It is supremely well defined with a lovely lock of salinity that runs from start to finish. There is tangible energy to this wine, which displays a hint of tangerine and even menthol toward the finish. Superb.”

Jancis Robinson
“Creamy texture. Racy and lifted. Very dancing and fine. Real impact on the palate. Lightly chewy finish. Very long. 17.5/20 points.”

1 Like