Flannery Beef *Monopole Cru Offer* (what remains is open for all!)

Hi Katie/Bryan!
For some reason I got an unknown form error when I tried to enter the code. I ordered anyway. :slight_smile:. If you have time, it’d be great if you could apply the code (or maybe it was, I dunno). Even better would be to combine my shipments! If you’re too busy, no worries, I ALWAYS nee Flannery’s!

BTW - the Prime Rib on Christmas was AMAZING! Thanks for getting that to me!
Cheers!
-Ed

Sorry to break it to everyone. But if you search ribeye on the regular Flannery site 130 day aged ribeye pops up. Great idea but hardly exclusive to anyone no offence.

That’s a good callout. If they want to make it really exclusive then they’d need to hide that product page from onsite search, assuming they have that capability.

Ha. We do, I just did it wrong. Technically for each product there’s the ‘grouped’ product that contains the image and the text, and I link the subproducts (the different sizes) to that page. I made sure the grouped product couldn’t be found, but had the wrong setting on the subproducts, so even though they didn’t appear in the catalog, they did pop up if you searched. Fixed it now :slight_smile:

-Katie

2 Likes

Snagged my Valentine’s Dinner, 2 x 10 ounce 130 day ribeye. looking forward to these!

Will trade ecom program management services for beef! [cheers.gif]

Be careful i might take you up on that! lol.

-katie

In - so amazing. Can’t wait to taste this beef.

this is gonna be good!

Can’t wait for this and the others I added on

Had 2 in my cart but couldn’t log in (wrong password) when I finally decided to check out as a guest they were gone. Oh well maybe next year.

Had these in my cart, got called off to work, and now they are gone. I’ve always wanted to try longer-term aged beef that’s been encapsulated.

I’m really curious what people think of the beef.

I dry age my own ribbed and ribless Prime grade ribeye.
I usually do 45 days ( great time)
i’ve done 6 months and it was great( more nutty / blue cheese for sure at 1 and 1/4" cut)

I did 3 months and well it was extremely nutty more blue cheesier than the 6 month. almost too much ( but it was at 1 and 3/4" sliced)

Now what I do vs Flannery is night and day in terms of expertise.

Holla!
aa.jpeg

Reverse seared the 130 tonight. You are dead on. It was less nutty/popcorn and had a definite Roquefort thing going on. Funky enough to play with George Clinton and Parliment. Man I like your Riesling Auslese idea.

1 Like

I’m planning on trying mine next weekend, and I already got Carnes’ review, as I asked him to chime in here on it, being the only one to Pobega these beasts, that I know of. I’m, coincidentally, enjoying a wine that Carnes recommended HIGHLY - Willi Schaefer Spatlese #5, which perhaps I should have saved for next weekend…although I have 5 more bottles.

I’ll reverse sear mine, with the ‘low and slow’ being in the smoker, which I presume will mask some of the cheese funk, but who knows. By the looks of them, they are heavily trimmed, more so than the 100-day NY Strips I LOVED a short time ago, prepared the same way. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Come on – do NOT smoke these steaks! They should have such a unique flavor due to the extended aging. Why cover that up with smoke? That sounds like mixing a great late disgorged Champagne with orange juice. All I’ll do is sous vide then sear on cast iron w/ salt and pepper.

I just grilled one of these tongiht. salt and pepper only. maxed out the heat. 5 min on one side, 3 on the other. prob will cut out a minute on the next one. But the steak came off medium to medium rare. Hands down, the single best steak I have ever had in my life, and I have eaten a lot of steak. It saddens me to think I only have one more of these.

It paired well with my 2004 Leoville Barton. Well done Bryan!

I wouldn’t sous vide either; Flannery doesn’t really need it.

Had one tonight as well. Not sure I can describe it, but was the most unique steak I’ve eaten. Both me and the Mrs loved it.

Edited: On the Egg at 500 for probably 8 minutes.