Flannery Beef - 30% off, 90 / 60 / 30Day Aged steaks, Burger, & Lamb

We didn’t throw the Lamb Riblettes on sale for this offer, but if you’ve never had those before, give them at try at some point! Amazing lamb flavor, easy to cook, and addictive. Did some for dinner the other night, had 6 adults 2 kids, cooked up 10lbs. Ate every last one HA

2 Likes

soo much meat…already getting the meat sweats.

I had been needing to reload and waited for today. Huge order in. Very excited.

The other night we made a Jorge, a CA Reserve Strip, and a CA Reserve Filet, and our guests declared it the best steak they’d ever had. Jorge is prob my favorite cut of meat ever.

2 Likes

Looking forward to sampling 90 day dry aged steaks for the first time.

4 Likes

Back in for 10 pounds of burger blend and 3 of the 20 ounce 30 day dry aged steaks. For me, the burger blend is outstandingly yummy and it freezes just fine.

1 Like

Hi Bryan, for some reason your website isn’t recognizing my password, and isn’t send me the email to make a new one.

Do you have a suggestion on what I should do next? (Yes, I checked the junk folder).

Thanks!

Bryan:

Order in.

Thanks for doing this. You make a lot of people happy here!

Can you tell me more about your freezing process? And recommendations for thawing/prepping a steak?

I have to be honest. I have an ingrained bias about frozen anything … pizzas, seafood etc.

Are frozen steaks going to be at same level as never frozen?

Don’t mean to be buzzkill at all! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Just curious.

Will send you dm with new password. New site should have fixed all login issues, but it seems like there’s always tweaking to do when it comes to tech!

Hey Matt, Katie here (jumping on for Dad). No buzzkill at all - we like talking all topics beef, and yep, that includes freezing!

We always try to keep the majority of our steaks shipping out fresh; when we ‘cut to order’, it gives us the most control over individual customer requests. Where things can get tricky when trying to produce an aged product AND ship fresh, is that inventory control gets really hard, really fast. For the mainstay steaks that we move large volume of through wholesale customers, fresh is no problem. For ‘one offs’, or items that don’t move as regularly, it makes more sense for us to fabricate when they are ready, then freeze.

In terms of what freezing will do to the product - honestly, on our product, not too much. What you would want to be cognizant of when freezing is how it might affect the TEXTURE of the product. You won’t see any flavor degradation during the freezing/thawing process, but as water molecules expand/contract you would see the texture of the muscle itself potentially shift. But because we dry age almost all of our product, you are dealing with something that has a drastically lower moisture content to begin with - so that texture question doesn’t come into play. Same concept with burger as well - since the grind itself isn’t one cohesive muscle, you don’t have any push/pull when it comes to freezing/thawing, so it will keep in the freezer beautifully.

As a quick aside - HOW you freeze does play a big role too. You always want to make sure you are freezing in vacuum sealed packs when possible; a tight seal is key. If there is any air that is touching product will in the freezer, you’ll end up with freezer burn, and now you’re in the territory of frozen steak = bad.

Hope that helps!!

2 Likes

Easy purchase! Thanks Bryan and Katie!

Katie/Bryan, do these ship in vacuum-sealed packs?

Promised myself I won’t, but I still did.

1 Like

Hey Tito - yep, all vacuum-sealed! We package the steaks individually, and the burger is packed in 1lb packs, to give you the most flexibility on keeping some fresh / stocking up the freezer! -Katie

Tried to log in with password Bryan sent, no luck.If your on Katie should I just call?

1 Like

Hey Mike - no worries, give us a ring, 415-472-4488 :smile:

Can’t wait to try this lamb! In for some burgers to round out the order.

My first try of the much-loved Flannery beef. Looking forward to it!

Been hearing great things about Flannery, going to try out the rack of lamb and dry aged steaks! Cheers

Max

First order, super excited :slight_smile:

Super helpful response. The dry aged angle makes sense.

So just let them thaw in fridge, then room temp and then season as normal?

1 Like