Finding Leitz wines

Oh I am not complaining…very happy you sell out quickly in NYC hence the reason for the full U.S. buying strategy. It also helps to have cases of Falkenstein stocked in LA as I am out there quite a bit.

Sounds good. In NYC, Chambers Street Wines still has some selections, as do other wine shops, like Flatiron Wines & Spirits. Boston, Chicago, and the Bay Area are the other big markets for our wines in the States.

Lars, I can attest that the Falkenstein wines are everywhere in Boston. I’ll admit I have not warmed to them yet, but it’s been a couple years so I owe them another chance.

Thanks, Ideal Wine does a good job for us in Boston. OK, let me know what you think should you try another bottle.

New York, Boston, Chicago, Bay Area…

Atlanta is the obvious next destination for Falkenstein…please make it happen, Lars!

Does Leitz still make the Roseneck spatlese? I haven’t seen this since the 2012 vintage. Presumably he can charge more for Roseneck GG.

Yes as of 2015 and 2016. He makes both. He doesn’t make the Schlossberg Spatlese anymore, but he told me a couple years ago it’s because site conditions (i.e., global warming) do not allow it, not for financial reasons.

Indeed the writing was on the wall many years ago for Schlossberg. The Spätlese had become a “heavy” wine. Not at all what fits the Spätlese mold.

PSA: the Winebid auction this week has 2 bottles of 2002 Leitz Schlossberg Trocken for sale, currently at a low price. If I weren’t in an abstinence phase, I would have kept quiet and bought them. This was the pre-GG Schlossberg dry bottling. Leitz made great wine across the Board in 2002.

Ditto. I could have cases of plenty of Donnhoff’s offerings, pradikat, GG, and otherwise … if I wanted.