Fedex Home Delivery

Here is the best option. Just do FedEx Office. I have everything delivered there. I go and sign for it and no issues. I just had to deal with UPS today which I hate and I had to drive 30 minutes to go get a wine package. Does UPS not offer the convivence of FedEx Office which is a whole 2 blocks from my house?

Of course, your mileage (to the FedEx office) may vary.

My Fedex story is that I had two cases of wine delivered to my house yesterday, no one is home because I am at work, my wife is out of town. So wine was not delivered, I had a door tag telling me that delivery was attempted. Great I thought, I will redirect to the FedEx store five minutes away. I go to the Fedex website, I cannot send to the Fedex store because this shipper has put a restriction on my shipment.

I called the shipping company, I explain, hey the door tag says I can have my package held at a FedEx Location of my choice. Shipper tells me no I can’t, I can give her my credit card number and for $20 per box I can have delivered to another address. So I go on line, find the FedEx store address and give that address. FedEx came back to my house today to try to deliver, of course I am not here, but I see on the Fedex website that my wine will be ready for pickup tomorrow.

What the heck? I have redirected numerous other wine shipments to either a UPS or FedEx Location with no trouble or added cost. For future wine shipments I will confirm with the winery before I purchase that it is not using Buffalo’s Shipping Post and that they are sending with no redirection restrictions.

Len

Hard to decide which Fedex complain thread to revive, but I chose this one. :slight_smile:
Have you guys had this issue? 2 boxes coming from one winery, and one has the master tracking number. I reroute the master (the only of the two tracking numbers with rerouting capabilities) to my local fedex facility and then receive notice that the non-master went to my home for an unsuccessful delivery attempt. It goes back on the truck and now it says “damaged” and is being returned to shipper.
Winery is sending me a new box, so no harm to me, but the master should control all boxes in the order, right?
It is surprisingly hard to find an answer to this simple question. I’ve been receiving multibox orders for years, and pretty sure this is the only time I’ve had this issue.

1 Like

Have had the same issue multiple times with multiple iterations—I just make sure I reroute all tracking numbers under the master — and even then it works 100% of the time only 80% of the time.

I have always had to re-route each box by its own tracking number.

I’ve had that happen- the ‘master’ got re-routed correctly, but the second box goes to the original destination.

Thanks. My issue was the “hold at location” function is available ONLY for the master. Weird.

A nearby mail/packaging store opened recently that charges $5 per box to receive. :heart:Then they text and email me it’s arrived. And they are really nice. I tip generously and pray they’ll stay in business.

From the shipper perspective, there is no cost benefit to shipping ground to a residence. FedEx will charge me the home delivery rate in that circumstance. Regarding home delivery, in many localities we have deliveries 7 days a week.

That’s what I do, although mine charges a monthly fee (which ends up more or less that $5 per, depending on how many packages I am receiving). Big improvement vs receiving at home. Not foolproof, because every now and then the delivery attempt will state nobody present during working hours, or they attempt well past working hours (this happened a couple of times with an Amazon package that finally arrived yesterday). But, it’s been well worth the money to me, have used it for a number of years.

-Al

Never had an after hours delivery fail at mine at my new or previous location. Probably because they’re small population areas where everyone knows your name, including the UPS/Fedex drivers.

Speaking of which, a wine buddy of mine who happens to have the same first name picked up his wine at the same place I did. Except they weren’t his. When he got home he realized they gave him my boxes. He admitted having moment of temptation to drink a bottle before he decided to return all of them fully corked to the shipping store.

They only checked his first name??!!
Steve is a common name, how can they only check that? :laughing: