Featuring Some Champagne Producers--Live Zoom + Tasting

Enjoyed the ones you did in '20 Frank. In. If you’re looking for other guest suggestions, I for one would be interested to hear more from some slightly less well known producers such as the Hure brothers from Hure Freres or Hugues Godme.

Frank, Ann and I would be interested if the date works. Thanks for organizing this!

My wife and I would be in pending the date. Thanks for pushing this, Frank!

Count me in as well. Love all of those producers you mentioned and 9am PST sounds like a great time to drink champagne!

Pretty interested in this. All depends on kids’ sports schedules, but love the idea.

Good morning. For those of you who participated in or viewed the past sessions from 2020, we had a key role in these played by Todd Frenchie French. He steadied these sessions, helped by letting me focus on the guest while he monitored for background noise in the lines, as well as running the recording and helping with some of the questions. Basically gluing down the tech piece and keeping the ship steady.

I could use someone to play Todd’s role for March 19th, Saturday, when we are targeting to do the Larmandier-Bernier event with Arthur Larmandier. We would need you on 1/2 hour before we start, so 1130AM ET, and then figure until about 130PM ET. Plus, we will do a meet/test session with Arthur probably in February so I need you for that, too–figure about 30 mins or so for that. If you would like to discuss this with me, please post.

Let’s ask Todd, I’ll ping him

FWIW I’m interested in the entire idea as long as it’s not on March 26. Good on March 19. Don’t have a L-B bottle handy but I’ll get one. Thanks for putting this together.

He knows he can count on me! Just can’t do the one from L-B with the date they requested. I want more of these recorded for our archive, as I know people are checking back in on them!

Amazing! That’s for helping organise this Frank. Put the date on my calendar. Very much looking forward to it

I’m in

Sounds interesting – I’m there. Not familiar with Larmandier-Bernier, but looks like I should have no issues sourcing a bottle locally. If anyone has specific recommendations, let me know.

Hard to pick just one. You really can’t go wrong with pretty much any champagne Arthur Larmandier makes. Either of the tete cuvees, VV du Levant or Les Chemins d’Avize are outstanding as are their entry level Latitude and Longitude bottling.

Thanks, Rodrigo. What a predicament! An hour later and I’m in possession of a June '21 disgorgement of Longitude… easy enough. I’ll seek out one of the tete de cuvees as well to make it an exceptional Saturday champagne.gif

Quite. The only upside is Arthur doesn’t make too many cuvees, limiting the total damage purchasing his wines does to my cellar capacity and wallet.

For what it’s worth I do prefer Longitude over Latitude (just did a side by side with friends on these two champagnes last week, a fun study in terroir). For the tete cuvees, I prefer Les Chemins d’Avize over VV du Levant. It comes down in part to stylistic preferences and to one’s preference between Avize and Cramant wines. They are both 100% Chard and have the same low dosage, though VV du Levant undergoes 2-3 years more ageing prior to disgorgement.

1 Like

Everyone, hi.

We’re set to post the Larmandier-Bernier event so you can look for a new post here in Wine Talk shortly. I’ll be posting the Zoom link, along with some info about how to participate in the event and show support.

And once I can lock down the date for Laherte Freres, then I will post that too.

I know a few of you have suggested some other producers, too. If you have some influence and relationship mojo that can assist me with tracking down a few more producers to feature, post them here and/or reach out to me. I’m happy to book and deliver more of these Zooms but the introductions for me really help, too.

I appreciate all of you who have posted support here and who plan to attend these events.