Favorite local burger joints

If you are ever in Big D, you have to go…it is a really fun place that has great bar food and some really good people watching.

I have yet to be knocked out by a burger in NJ, but I do keep looking.

Best Juicy, however, is done by Casper and Runyon’s Nook.

Other burger recs for MSP:
Buster’s
Burger Moe’s

Actually, the only burgers worth remembering were when I got them in hotels and they were brought up by room service.

[wow.gif]

Now that you say that it reminded me that the room service burger from Le Gavroche was pretty tasty. Although for 30 pounds sterling it should be!

In Tahoe City, Fat Cat Bar and Grill has a great burger.

http://www.fatcattahoe.com

What’s the best in San Francisco?

Clown Alley WAS the place for burgers in the City. The best 3am burger hands down.

Oh yeah, I loved that place in college. My girlfriend live a few blocks away.

Oh yeah! I remember her!

heh heh

That’s awesome! It’s closed! Does me a lot of good. [swearing.gif]

Walkers and Union Sq Cafe were my faves in NYC – my two sit-at-the-bar spots. I did not like the DB Burger – especially at 40 bucks. Never had Lugars, but don’t doubt it’s the best. And the Minetta burger wasn’t invented yet, I don’t think. Corner Bistro was good when it was good but more often mediocre.

Fathers Office is a great burger.

Anybody tried Bachi Burger in Las Vegas? I wish one of these would open in my town. This is a LONG ride from the strip, but it was a memorable burger.
http://www.bachiburger.com/

I like NOPA, Fish & Farm and Serpentine.

A Bachi Burger outpost has been under construction for some time on Sawtelle in WLA. I liked the wagyu burger that I ate at Bachi Burger in Henderson, but not enough to drive out there from the Strip. I think they are now open on W. Sahara in Summerlin, too.

Thanks!
NOPA is only a few blocks from my favorite place on earth (the Toronado), so I’ll have to check it out.

Any fans of the now gone Jay’s Jayburger? The other half of Tommy’s IIRC. I always like it but there was always the risk of getting some serious food poisoning.

J

Val’s in Hayward!

Everything I have ever had at NOPA has ben fantastic, so I am sure the burger is good too. probably the last thing I would order there though- So much other tasty things.

I still have a soft spot for Palace Kitchen’s burger here in Sea-town. In terms of actual burger joints though, I like Red Mill and Lunchbox Laboratory for burgers.

I’ve eaten many a Jay’s burger, along with scads of other drunks who made the pilgrimage. We used to alternate between it and the original Tommy’s on Beverly. I knw Jay worked at Tommy’s before he set out on his own but didn’t know that they were related.
The chili at both was atomic. Ya had to have it, but you paid or it twice.

Btw, I’m not sure what qualifies as a joint. InNOut gets my vote for LA inexpensive. Father’s Office has a really tasty burger, they can’t be favorite because I hate the ketchup nazi gimmick

Some other excellent higher-rent LA burgers would be Comme Ca, Golden State, Plan Check, Umami, Rustic Canyon. If a patty melt counts, then Pann’s.

Had many a Jayburger back in the day, didn’t realize they were gone, but we aren’t over that way as much as we used to be. I’d throw Meaty Meat Burger into that category as well.

I usually like a classic counter and stool burger joint, where they cook on a flattop, so I am a big fan of both Pie ‘n’ Burger in Pasadena and (of course) The Apple Pan. Cassell’s is also great, but I haven’t been in a while. Howard’s Famous Bacon and Avocado Burger used be really good for that style as well, but I haven’t eaten there in over 15 years. Still there at Venice and Sepulveda, though…

In the fancy, schmancy category, count my vote for Father’s Office or Umami over Slater’s and The Counter.

K