Favorite local burger joints

City/region?

Uh…think it’s listed under his avatar? newhere

[pwn.gif][berserker.gif]

Haven’t been to that location but glad to here it delivers.

We should sync up trips sometime.

J

What and where is this?

J

I like SM better, too. While the burger at Rustic Canyon is good, my favorite in LA is the Comme Ca Burger (their swiss burger is also great, but not on the menu any more). My favorite in NYC is the Black Label Burger at Minetta Tavern and my favorite in London is the burger at Hawksmoor (which has nuggets of bone marrow mixed in).

Typo. Meant TK like you posted.

Ahh … gotchya … after I submitted that post it hit me that might be it.

Pretty much there every week Monday through Thursday afternoon.

I have yet to find one in Napa, although admittedly, I haven’t tried very hard to find one. There is always Gott’s/Taylor’s, but that’s all I know about. I tried Big D Burgers on the Trail a while back- it wasn’t terribly good, and it was freaking expensive for a little divey place.

Burger Joint in ATL -

Ann’s Snack Bar
Farm Burger
The Vortex

That’s about it for straight Burger Joint status…

Now, best burger in ATL is a different debate…

General Muir
Bocado
Holeman & Finch
Muss & Turner’s
OK Cafe
Miller Union

If anybody thinks I’ve missed something, I haven’t (most likely…).
Grindhouse - No flavor
Flip - terrible, just too much
Yeah! - Meh, too $ and not that good

In DFW:
Maple & Motor
Off Site Kitchen
the original Chips and Kellers
Angry Dog
Lee Harvey’s
Wingfields (great burger but toes the line of being almost too gross)
The Addison Point
The burger at The Mercury is great (not a good burger joint)

Never been to dutch’s and think twisted root and liberty burger are good but very over hyped

Chicago—

At The Burger Bar, the grass fed is exceptional— the regular burgers not so much
Revolution Brewpub’s burger elicits moans of pleasure.
Jake Melnick’s is VG
Prairie Grass in Northbrook is excellent
Had a great burger at Rockit’s Bar & Grill.

As a warning, last year, we experienced the single worst burger ever at Deleece Grill on Clark. They even re-did it, and it came out the same.

I actually tried to go for lunch today. I couldn’t find a parking space, so ended up at Tacos Por Favor. when I drove back by, Duh, I noticed a sign saying they have parking in the bigger building’s underground lot.

Seattle:

Jak’s
Zippy’s
Katsu Burger

OMG, Katsu Burger looks great!

I feel biased as I’ve only had it once, but the Hitching Post burger is amazing, and the internet traffic tells me the Sta Rita Hills area winemakers make a point of getting there for a burger. I thought it was only offered at the bar on certain nights, but they might make special requests for locals. Frank could probably spell it out for us on Facebook.

New York has at least a dozen great burgers, but how you quantify/qualify them creates some separation. None will be cheap if you want a ‘craft’ burger. The Peter Luger Burger served at lunch only is My #1. That said, I have not had many of the other top burgers such as Minetta Tavern, so my opinion is far from definitive. Ottomanelli Burger at 61st & Woodside in Queens, close to me, also does a great job. That is more of a Shake Shack level burger, however. The legendary dB Burger at db Bistro is probably my NYC #2 but I must admit I have not had one in a while.

The burgers at The Porch are quite tasty also… (Home - The Porch)

I would agree about the Porch, but there burgers tended to run on the smallish side IIRC. I haven’t been in a while though.

Is it just me, or does the name “Lee Harvey’s” seem like an odd joice or Dallas?

Remember where it’s located John.

;-D