Favorite Champagne Glasses???

Oregon Pinot Stems Riedel

fullsizeoutput_e97.jpeg
I love the Camille Coupe Glasses from Crate and Barrel. They have a nice shape and show most Champagne and sparklers nicely in almost any situation.

Another vote for Zalto Universal

Charlie, we need to talk, dude.

I really do not like the big bowl red wine glasses, and we dont use the flutes as much as we used to. I have bought a lot of older glasses from antique stores, and many had a similar shape as these. Plus as many as Julie and I break, 11 bucks is a good deal. Im telling you give 'em a try, they’re not bad. Although I generally use Zalto for my Riesling and Burgundy, I’m generally a glasses are overblown (there’s a nice pun) kind of guy.

I agree - no question - though the Jamesse look similarly shaped and are much much cheaper so maybe I will check them out.

Often use a Burgundy glass, but when I want a flute, my favorite are these by Chef and Sommelier.

Another vote for the Zalto flutes - lighter than air…

We tried the Lehmann Jamesse Reference #41 glass for the first time this weekend and we were impressed. Especially given the price of $12.

Thanks,
Ed

Any decent quality white wine glass with a thin rim.

I don’t know if it is my favorite, yet, but the most festive and elegant: a couple of years ago, a friend poured me some Champagne in a coupe, similar to what Charlie is showing here, except the stem is hollow. So the Champagne bubbles start down at the base and climb up the stem until they reach the rather small (but quite open) bowl (entire stem I have holds 2 ounces).

I have been hunting down some examples - the plain glass ones are not what I am talking about. I am talking about decorated or etched designs around the bowl. Apparently these stopped being made due to governmental concerns of cleanliness in the stem. Maybe around the 20s or 30s? This is the story I heard from an antique glass/dishware shop in Boston. I found one glorious one, decorated with grape clusters in green, but there was just one. $150. I found 4 with gold etching for around $130 total. I love to search…

Zalto white

+1, though Gabriel Gold is as good

+2. GGs are a little big for bubbly if you like the effervescence to linger. Zalto White are the perfect size, Zalto’s champagne glass being too small IMHO.

We discovered these when we were in France recently. Best Value for the money.

Yep

GGG

I’m intrigued by this.

My favorite Champagne glass is one I got at Hospice du Rhone years ago. It’s a Riedel Syrah glass that has a tulip shape much like this Lehmann stem. I only have my one and it has a crack where the bowl meets the stem. I only use it at home.

I haven’t been thrilled with my Gabriel Glass. They certainly feel nice in my hand but they really seem to restrict the nose on most wines I’ve found.

I also like that these Lehmann stems are attractively priced. Besides K&L, they can also be had from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Thanks for the tip.

Schott Zwiesel Pure Riesling glasses work very well for us.

Merrill askes me to repost this…
fullsizeoutput_12de.jpeg