Falltacular 2012--1/14/2012 @ My Place--MAIL YOUR CHECKS!

Wow that looks fantastic! I remember seeing the plans at your house last Falltacular - what a fantastic space, for a deserving organization!!!

Awesome and very well done.
Looks like a great space for a wine tasting!!!
Falltacular 2020???

[welldone.gif]

Good Saturday AM. Just wanted to circle back and update the event. I am proud to add the winery names below to the event as those who havs signed on to commit wines to be poured by the volunteers. The list should grow a bit more as I lock down a handful more but at least wanted to get out some early information to you all. Many of these names are strong and rock solid supporters of the event since inception and some names are new, all will have wine for you to support the event and drive funds through your help to Laura’s House. More to come soon, thanks for staying along for the ride!

VIRAGE
JEMROSE
COASTVIEW
ALESIA
RHYS
BIG BASIN
HUG CELLARS
POE
JEAN EDWARD CELLARS
TERCERO WINES
ETRE
BLACK KITE
SAXON BROWN
AUGUST WEST
SANDLER
LORING
AGHARTA
WIND GAP
LUCIA
SWITCHBACK RIDGE
JAFFURS
COPAIN
FLYING WINE CELLARS
SOJOURN CELLARS
LADD CELLARS
CARGASACCHI
POINT CONCEPCION
ARGOT WINES
HOLDREDGE
CORE
COWAN CELLARS
FREEMAN
MATTHIASSION
MAZE

Thanks for the great update, FMIII

I am coming, just booked the flights today. I will bring sweater. [grin.gif]

Excited that John, Jim and Kevin are participating, hope they will all be able to make it down. Great to see many other returnees and new wineries as well. The trip will be very worth it for me.

If the weather is warm enough, you might be able to save that sweater for the after party at the Best Western!

Ah, but that will deprive Todd and others the pleasure of taking pictures at Frank’s place and then mocking me afterwards [wink.gif]

Mike, bring the sweater and I will wear it! :slight_smile:

Me, too!

I will bring a change of sweaters so everyone can be happy.

Counting down to this event! Will bring the camera for another set of pictures!

Mike! I look forward to seeing you!!!

Thanks to all of you for the email traffic and PM questions about when you should mail checks, suggesting other wineries to add to the event, etc. It’s all appreciated and I have got back to all of you by now. If I missed you, drop me a note again.

I have been rolling quietly for now as people are still bringing in fruit, staying very busy so we can get at it with respect to where to send checks, silent auction items, wines to be poured etc as November gets rolling. We’ll get the mo’ going again in a week or so and start revving up.

We’ll have a rip it up event this year so stay tuned.

Sounds great, Frank. Phil, glad to hear you’ll be coming again.

So where actually is this shindig? What city or town? I’m thinking that we’ve had enough of you guys drag yourselves out here to eat in my back yard so maybe we should reciprocate. Unless, of course, the Jets are in the playoffs that weekend, in which case I will be travelling elsewhere. Maybe they will be in Sand Diego and we can make it a double whammy.

[rofl.gif]

It’s at Frank’s house in South OC, and we’d love to have you join us, Jay!

Let me second that thought with the caveat that I would prefer that Jay attend a Jets playoff game!

Third that, would be great to catch up, Jay, and it’s a heck of a lot of fun.

Good morning. We’re moving along pretty good now and I have started to capture the wines to be poured and also the silent auction piece that the wineries are helping to support. With that in mind, as with past years of Falltacular, I do have the master file, which is really the event’s inventory of what is being poured, what is being auctioned, who is volunteering to pour and who has paid. Here’s that link, which I also now have embedded in the first post:

Master file list–wines, wineries, volunteer schedule and silent auction lineup. Note–when the file opens, you’ll need to maximize it so you can view the tabs.
http://www.lesliefisher.com/lh/2012_falltacular.xls

I will continue to update this link as the wineries send me their commitments and auction items over the next few weeks–check on the link as often as you like.

So, when do you send the payment? Very soon. I may have that posted up this weekend. Check back, as I have a finite size house and cannot let in more people than the event will comfortably handle. Send your check fast once I post the address.

Can you volunteer? YES YES YES ! In the link above, you will be able to view the volunteer schedule, WHICH IS EMPTY! I need you to help me fill it. Donate one hour, even two to the event. All that is required is you put your glass away, you cannot drink. You wear a volunteer badge and you pour at one of the handful of stations, just like past years. Only volunteers can handle and pour the wine bottles so my volunteers are critical. To sign up, you can simply post back to me here the time and location (up or down stairs) and I will get you locked in.

Can you donate to the silent auction? Heck YES. One bottle, which can be a 750, a mag, 2 bottles, 5 bottles. All of it. Simply post your wine or PM me if you wish and we can discuss offline. Remember, last year we raised more in the auction than from the door, about $7,000 and $6,000 respectively so the auction is crticial. We already have wines committed, which you can find in the master file link above but plz find some items in your cellar, donate them. Help me like last year fill my garage!

That’s it, let’s get to work.

Frank,

Put me down as a volunteer for 1 pm upstairs.

SPK