Falltacular 2012--1/14/2012 @ My Place--MAIL YOUR CHECKS!

Frank,

Tanya & I will volunteer again this year, we love this event! Small price increase for an extremely worthwhile cause!

Brian

The real question, Frank, is whether or not there will be a Burgundy station this year.

I’ll keep an eye on what date gets selected and see if Shelley and I can make the trek down for this one…It’s been a while since I “got down” at the Murray Casa.

$75/per is nothing for this event…

“This coincides with Todd’s point about the February 11th. Just food for thought.” Wow!! Who’da thought??
[smileyvault-ban.gif]
I like January better anyway.
E.

Crossing our fingers for Jan 14. This may be the first year we don’t have a conflict!

The final voting was nearly 75% in favor of the January 14th date so we will go with that. Thank you to all who helped make the decision.

Now, I will get to work on getting the wineries locked in and when I start to have the wine line up take shape, I will get to posting that. We will also get to work on the volunteer schedule, and the silent auction items. For now, sit back and relax. Thanks again everyone.

Yay! Date works for me. I would also love to help out however.

Ted. I might be presenting at CES this year. If so, we will have a fun week and more fun of a weekend. I would offer my house and actually will offer my house for you guys to stay, but, I am good hour away from FMIII. Really does not let you enjoy the fun as much. However, I might look into hiring a driver and picking up some Yamadas along the way.

Stay at the cheap hotel with the rest of us!

I just might! I have heard about the parties and heck knows I have seen my share of hotels.

What are the “cheap” hotels?

Last time I stayed at the Hyatt in Irvine - got a very good rate.

Wow – thanks. CES is fun. Make the LOS reservation now…

There’s a Best Western, I believe, that is not only close and has a shuttle, but essentially everybody stays there…

And is home to the official Falltacular “After Party”. [drinkers.gif] grouphug [cheers.gif]

It is also close to the Friday pre-party! Not quite as nice as a Hyatt but it is a happening place and convenient.

Good morning to all of you. Just a quick update to how the event is shaping up. While early on, and as the wineries focus on harvest and such, we do have a nice list forming. At this point, I have 20 wineries confirmed to participate and we already have our first silent auction commitment, a vertical (04-08) of Copain James Berry Roussanne, thanks to David Lewin. Within the next week or so, I will bring you more details as we start to crank up the momentum. You should expect for me to ask you to mail your door entrance checks before T-Giving, likely early November.

We do appreciate all the early support.

Frank - we’re in but hoping there will be a TV as it will be big day for NFL playoffs. Just something to consider…

I’ll bring a flat screen, splitter, and cable…

After a one-year hiatus I am very much hoping to come down and see my SoCal buddies (and others from parts beyond) once again. Friday night will be extremely difficult—I may only be able to get there at the end of the night for that.

I just wanted to offer some breaking news relative to Falltcaular. Last night, Jill and I attended the open house event for the new Laura’s House emergency shelter. An impressive remodel has finally been completed, with the shelter house now spanning almost 7,500 sq feet. It can now provide shelter and living for up to 50 adults and children, as they have significantly maximized the layout of the house. The sheer expansion has increased the total emergency space within Orange County, which is a huge benefit to the community. The home is just beautiful, including now the proper large kitchen, family area, along with therapy meeting space. It’s really tremendous to see.

The reason for this post is to first thank you for the last several years of support, as the cost to re-do the shelter and expand the space was well into the 7 figures. Your donations, both through coming to my event, and with the silent auction in the garage, helped Laura’s House help the community. I was proud to be there last night, to represent you and the entire Falltc community. Below is a link to Laura’s House website if you want to catch up a bit. As soon as I can get a couple of photos to post, I will do that for everyone to see.

Thanks again. Let’s have a great 2012 event!

That is very heartwarming news, Frank—I’m glad you could be there to see the results of your and Jill’s amazing work in helping to achieve this.

If I come, I will bring a sweater [wink.gif]

Here are some photos from Laura’s that are better than my Blackberry could do! One more to follow. This is from the work that we all did in the past few years, raising money for them. All of you that came to the event the past few years…this is what YOU have to be proud of, this is giving back.