EXTENDED UNTIL FEB 2 (My Birthday) ….. Aged Reds Under Screwcaps - Sampler 4 and 6 Packs - Killer Roses - FREE Zoom Tasting with Larry!

tercero wines BD14 Special Offers

Welcome Video - For Those WIlling To Spend a Few Minutes

How about a video showing how excited Georgia Rose is about BerserkerDay 14

And meet the latest edition to the tercero family - now 7 months old!

Who and How:
Larry Schaffer, who many of you probably ‘know’ from my active presence on this board since its inception, is the owner, winemaker, dishwasher, etc (yep, a one man show for the most part). I work with fruit exclusively from Santa Barbara County and have done so since 2006. I am still a very small producer – making about 2000 cases per year over at least a dozen different wines. I am at the core a very curious winemaker and am having more fun at what I do now than I ever have. I am also producing a wider variety of wines now than ever – and you can be a beneficiary of that curiousity. All of my wines are made with a minimalist attitude – I work with sustainable and organic vineyards; I do inoculate but do very little else unless the grapes ‘need’ it; my wines are aged either in older French oak (nothing YOUNGER than 4 year old for reds and 6 year old barrels for whites) or stainless steel; All of my reds are 100% whole cluster, foot stomped only by me; all of my wines remain unracked until bottling; I tend to age many of my wines for extended periods in older oak because I enjoy the aromatic and textural complexity this brings to the table. And if you have not tried my wines for awhile, you’re in for a treat . . .

Special Give-Aways
Based on the popularity of last year, I have decided to raffle off a free zoom tasting of 5 of my new releases this coming spring. Each time you purchase, come back onto the thread and let everyone know what you got and you’ll be entered. I’ll be giving away 14 entries to commemorate this 14th BD Day - 7 on Preview Day and 7 on the 27th. Timing of the zoom will be ‘mutually agreed upon’ - unless not everyone can agree in which case I will choose a date and time that works for most of you! All you need to do is post what you purchased and you’ll be eligible - and if you purchase more than one offer, post more than once!

The First 7 Winners are:

@cjsavino, @John_Walter, @Paul_Miller, @Rick_Bollig, @Chuck_Miller, @Eric_Werner, @MikeHill

The Offers:
I have a number of different offers because I make so many different wines. You can pick and choose and find what works best for you! All of these offers are at special discounted rates.

[tercero wines 2021 Rose 6 Pack]
(PRODUCT - Tercero Wines)

As many of you know, these tend to be my most popular wines each BD year in and year out and I’m offering even better pricing this year than in 2022! And for anyone who has ever tried my roses, they know that they continue to improve for quite some time – this are drinking better now than they did 6 months ago! You’ll receive 3 each of the 2 roses I made in 2021 – Cinsault and Mourvedre (note that I did not make a Cinsault Rose in 2022).
Only $125 plus tax and shipping

tercero wines 2021 Rose 12 Pack
(If the link does not work, just go to any other link. Then go to ‘store’ and scroll down to the bottom)
Double the wines, double the fun! You’ll get 6 each of the 2 roses and your cost is cheaper than 2022!
Only $240 plus tax and shipping

tercero wines White Sampler 6 Pack
Haven’t tried my wines for awhile? You might be surprised at the variety I now offer – and here’s a great way to see for yourself. This 6 pack includes some of my latest offerings – 2021 Trilogia (Grenache Blanc, Clairette Blanche. Gewurztraminer blend), 2021 Malvasia Bianca, 2021 The Outlier (dry Gezurztraminer) – along with some wonderful rhones that are all in a great place – 2016 Grenache Blanc, 2016 Marsanne, and 2016 Verbiage Blanc (Roussanne/Marsanne/Gren Blanc blend).
Only $185 plus tax and shipping

tercero wines Aged Rhone Reds 4 Pack
Many on this board seem to clamor over ‘older’ wines – well, these are all ‘current’ releases for me, and for good reason . . . they are drinking beautifully! You’ll receive one each of my 2014 Grenache – Watch Hill Vyd, 2014 Syrah – White Hawk Vyd, 2014 Mourvedre – SBC, and 2014 Verbiage Rouge (Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Cinsault blend).
Only $150 plus tax and shipping

tercero wines Lighter Reds 6 Pack
As you can tell by now, tercero is no one trick pony! I offer so many different wines – and here’s a way to try a wide variety of my ‘other’ reds that you may not have had a chance to do so, including my just bottled and 1st release of my Counoise! You’ll receive one bottle each of the following: 2021 Counoise, 2021 Nouveau Cinsault, 2020 Cabernet Franc, 2020 Nouveau Cinsault, 2017 Carignane and 2017 Cinsault.
Only $175 plus tax and shipping

tercero wines Pinot Noir 4 Pack
Yep, I added Pinot Noir to my portfolio and folks have been digging these! These are some of the last cases of my initial 2020 Pinot Noir releases from the esteemed Kessler-Haak Vineyard, in the heart of the Sta Rita Hills AVA and adjacent to board darling Clos Pepe’s vineyard. And here’s the geeky part – I bottled each of the clones separately as well as doing a blend of the 3. You’ll receive a bottle each of the Kessler-Haak blend as well as one each of the Clone 114, Clone 115 and Pommard Clone bottlings. And now that these have had a year plus in bottling, they are really opening up nicely!
Only $184 plus tax and shipping

tercero wines Pinot Noir 12 Pack
Stock up now before they’re gone – and at a fantastic price! You’ll receive 3 bottles each of the Kessler-Haak blend as well as three each of the Clone 114, Clone 115 and Pommard Clone bottlings. And now that these have had a year plus in bottling, they are really opening up nicely!
Only $515 plus tax and shipping

I can ship to nearly every state EXCEPT AK, HI, UT, MS and RI. All shipments to CA, WA, OR, AZ and NM will go GLS unless requested otherwise, and most others will go Fed Ex Ground. All of these wines are available for immediate shipment – or you can ask for pick up as well.

And a final note on shipping wine - it sucks. It really does. And it just keeps going up. As does the cost of shipping supplies, too. I do offset some of the actual costs because, to me, it’s the right thing to do. To ship a case along the west coast, it will cost $25-30; midwest about $50; and East Coast about $65, except for a few more ‘challenging’ states. And though I’d love to offer free shipping or even heavily discounted shipping, it would cut so heavily into my already low margins that I simply would not be able to sustain my business for the long term - and I plan on making interesting and distinctive wines for a very very long time.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Good morning, all! I’ll be out and about today, dropping off wines and knocking on doors in the LA area. I will be checking in when possible to answer any queries you may have.

Thanks for perusing my offers - and for the continued support!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi Larry, how do we place an order, website? Thanks!

Order placed for my usual case of rose, easiest reorder every year, great juice!

Scroll down to the offers

Tasted the Grenache, Verbiage (ok, maybe it was the '15) and Syrah last Saturday – all showing great.

1 Like

In for a case of Rose! Thank you Larry.

1 Like

In for a case of Rose. It’s a no-brainer.

And I just got my CT email of what I drank last year, and Tercero was my #1 wine by bottles consumed.

1 Like

In for a 12-pack of rosé!

2 Likes

Thanks for the love thus far!

1 Like

Never had your wines before, but love what you say in the threads around here. Quick question about the roses; are they saignee? TIA!

1 Like

No saignee; foot stomped and then left on skins for a short time

Yay, thank you!

Order in, Larry. Finally going to try some of these roses I keep hearing about!

And for folks wondering about the Zoom tasting – I had a great time last year. A lot of fun and informative.

Anthony

Thanks once again, folks. Dropped off wines wines already and waiting for stop 2 - and getting refueled with more coffee!

Remember to jump back on here after ordering to let others know what you got - and enter the raffle for the FREE zoom tasting this spring!

Cheers

Hey Larry! Hope all is well–Georgia Rose is too cute and getting SO big!! I just ordered 1 x Aged Rhone Reds 4pk. Looking forward to seeing you and tasting again, next time we come down. (March-ish?)

One question: 2014 White Hawk Sryah contains X% of cofermented viognier, yes?

1 Like

Hope all is well with you and your family. I just ordered the Rhone Red 4-pack. Cheers Larry!!

In for a Rose 6-pack to replenish my cellar! Thanks for the offer!

1 Like

OK, in for a 6 pk of rose and a 6 pk whites! Excited to try these wines finally.

1 Like

In for two cases of the Rose. And whenever you release the 2022 Mourvedre Rose, I’ll be ready to order some of that as well!