**Extended thru 1/30** Belharra Wines: $99 3-packs and free shipping on killer Mendo Pinot and Sonoma Syrah PLUS Rosé

THE OFFER:

Syrah Sampler 3-pack $99 ($118 value) with free-shipping
1x 2016 Belharra Las Madres Syrah
1x 2018 Belharra Las Madres Syrah
1x 2019 Belharra Las Madres Syrah

Berserker Sampler 3-pack $99 ($110 value) with free-shipping
1x 2019 Belharra Las Madres Syrah
1x 2019 Belharra Alder Springs Pinot Noir
1x 2021 Belharra Las Madres Rosé of Syrah

PLUS
$175/12-pack case ($300 value) with free shipping
2021 Belharra Las Madres Rosé of Syrah

All sales are made in the state of California, and CA sales tax is charged. We will take your wine to a third-party shipper on your behalf.

Shipping
We are offering complimentary ground shipping with purchase. There are a few no-go states but usually you know who you are.
We also offer a Bay Area delivery option or Napa pickup option. Please choose at checkout.
Orders will ship the week of Feb 6th, weather-permitting.

Tasting Notes

2016 Belharra Las Madres Vineyard Syrah
Dark purple upon the pour, this brooding Syrah is elegant but approachable. The classic Las Madres nose of dusty violets is augmented by a lively incense and perfumed fruit. A core of structured olive and red drupe last throughout the pallet and into a long finish. Savory spice is wrapped in a softened mouthfeel throughout the experience.
139 cases produced, 14.5% Alcohol
Fermented in open-top fermenters, aged 18 months in 20% new French oak barrels, no fining or filtering.

2018 Belharra Las Madres Vineyard Syrah
A clear vibrancy radiates from the glass. This Syrah has energy wrapped in the characteristic Las Madres violet and spice. Barbequed meats and white pepper push the front of the pallet and the silky midpallet give notes of licorice and olive. An elegant finish clears the pallet for the next bite or next sip.
122 cases produced, 14.5% Alcohol
Fermented in open-top fermenters, aged 18 months in 20% new French oak barrels, no fining or filtering.

2019 Belharra Las Madres Vineyard Syrah
A concentrated, deep Syrah. Cassis, licorice and black current on the nose with notes of cacao nib and bacon fat beguile an elegant mouthfeel. Bold to start, the lingering acidity in the mid-pallet pulls the wine through, structured but not tannic. Spice and pepper lacquer the finish.
134 cases produced 13.9% Alcohol

2019 Belharra Alder Springs Vineyard Pinot Noir
Rich, spicy and savory, our second vintage of fruit from this storied Mendocino vineyard oozes black cherry liquor with a touch of pine. From first smell through the pallet, dark red fruits give structure to a wine with a step-up in weight. Our mountain source grants a touch of minerality to the finish.
155 cases produced, 13.5% Alcohol
Fermented in open-top fermenters, aged 11 months in 25% New French oak, no fining or filtering.

2021 Belharra Las Madres Rosé of Syrah
Effused with bubble gum and candied fruits on the nose, the 8th vintage of our Rosé carries its characteristic delicacy on the nose. Perfumed with fresh-peach and hibiscus blossoms, a touch of pink adds to what’s in the glass. Crisp and refreshing, the medium-body picked and press Rosé is quaffable, with lychee and lemon blossom notes on the pallet. A framed mouthfeel lingers on the back end.
35 cases produced, 13.0% Alcohol
100% SS ferment and cellaring, aged 4 months, fined and filtered.

About Us
Our first vintage was 2013 making Las Madres Syrah. From 50 cases, we’ve put every dime back into the label to expand varietals and vineyards, always with a focus on quality and value to consumers. With two full-time Napa production jobs and a 2.5 year-old, our personal project often takes a back-seat, but it is truly one of the most rewarding projects we’ve worked on.

Belharra is the name of a legendary surf spot located on the Basque coast off Socoa, France, where storm tides hit an underwater outcropping and cause a rare wave of immense power. Such forces, after a vast journey, create a diverse natural beauty. Our philosophy mirrors the riders of these waves: patiently waiting for opportunities, understanding the contours of each current and practicing the craft with vigilance.

Anne Fogerty is the assistant winemaker at Rivers-Marie. Hard work, community, and sharing an infectious smile were the mainstays of a first job at the age of 13 behind the counter of a neighborhood hardware store in Minnesota. Employment in the vineyards led to a job in the winery, and the opportunity for more learning and even longer days. Caught up in the promise of adventure and travel in wine production, Anne followed harvests around the world after college, always landing back in northern California among family and friends. She enjoys the sunshine here year-round, while building towards her professional and personal goals.

Camille Gaio is the director of winemaking for Fayard Wines. Raised in the French Alps, Camille graduated as a sommelier and worked across France before shifting her attention to an education in wine science and viticulture at the University of Bordeaux while working for a premium Chateau. Camille turned a love of the alpine slopes into a love of the ocean swell while on the Western coast of France, and followed the waves and vines to dynamic international vintages in California, Australia, and New Zealand. She is now continuing her growth in Napa Valley, always with an eye on the tide.

Oblig-kid-in-winery pic (helping mom sample tanks)

LOVE these wines! I already polished off my last order. Time to restock. :cheers:

1 Like

I got three Syrahs last BD, great wines. Probably need to re-up, this year.

1 Like

I love me some Rose, Spring down here starts earlier for me than most others and nothing like Rose on the porch with a guitar.

Looking forward to many enjoyable late afternoons with this.

2 Likes

Ordered.

Cheers all, we are excited about tomorrow!

Some more nerdy notes on style for those who haven’t had our wines before:

Syrah- 100% destemmed (Camille calls it “pure”) cool-climate Syrah, always showing the crushed violet, dusty savoriness of Las Madres. Vintage usually directs which meaty/gamey or olive/fruit characteristics show clearly, but we’ve picked this vineyard at 24 brix and 28 brix and made fabulous Syrah all along the spectrum. How you know your site is special. Clones 174 and 300

Pinot Noir- Our pinots tend to the elegant, nuanced and lively end of the spectrum. 2019 was our second vintage, a long growing season so a good opportunity to push maturity a bit. It’s still Mendo mountain fruit, so I think there’s always an upper limit to juicy ripeness. 100% destemmed. Clones 115, 459, 777.

Rosé of Syrah- The same grapes as our Syrah, just picked roughly a month earlier. Direct-to-press, with a cool ferment, our skin-contact clock is however long trucking takes across the Carneros. Winemaking focuses on protecting aromatics, not picking up too much color, and shaping the mouthfeel for a crisp and refreshing, but lasting finish. 100% stemmed. Clones 174 and 300

You know I trust your palate, and usually just order whatever you do - tell me more about the wines, bud!

I adore these wines. And every person I have introduced to them (many) also loves them!

bought some last year, they must have been good because i don’t have any left. reloaded with a 3 pack of the Syrah. thank you!

Thanks for the continued support!

Just put an order for the 3 pack of Syrah !

That rose case is quite a steal - had to stock up for those hot Sacramento evenings & looking forward to enjoying the Syrah again as well. Thanks!

Thanks for the re-up Molly, I’ll be in touch for delivery.

Have had their Syrah before and loved it. In for another three pack.

Thanks Corey, Las Madres is a special place.

This was my favorite Newbie from last year. Great Syrah and the Rose was my go to summer wine. I’m back for more of both. Glad you are back again this year!

Thought I was done for the day but I kept coming back to this. In for the Syrah pack!

1 Like

Also bought a syrah pack after I thought I was done for the day. Excited to try your wines.

1 Like