Extended! Tekstura Wine Co (Eola-Amity Hills) - BD14 *Newbie* Offer

First off big thanks to Todd and crew for fitting us in, especially because we were late to the game.

A little history on Tekstura:
My wife and I purchased the Redford-Wetle vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills AVA of the Willamette Valley from Myron Redford back in early 2021. Myron is an absolute pioneer of Oregon viticulture and this vineyard shows that. This vineyard has been organically farmed since its planting in 2006 and features Pinot Noir, Albarino, Gamay, and Sauvignon Blanc. “Tekstura” means texture in Polish (my first language).

Before the purchase a good friend of mine introduced me to our winemaker Jared Etzel. The Etzel family also has deep roots in the Willamette Valley. Jared’s father Mike started Beaux Freres with Robert Parker so Jared has a deep understanding of Oregon viticulture and vinification. It was clear that he was the perfect partner for this project and we made it happen.

Our approach to winemaking is simple and classic. Minimal intervention, organic, a true expression of the vintage. Every year we are going to do an “experimental” bottling. In 2021 we decided to do a whole cluster skin contact Albarino. It has been extremely popular and a fresh departure from the traditional style.

Note: Flat rate shipping does not apply to HI and AK. Those will be calculated at cost on checkout.

OFFER
25% off AND $25 flat rate shipping on the following:
“Tekstura Essentials Pack”
1x 2021 Sauvignon Blanc 14.5% ABV
1x 2021 Experimental “Skinsy” Albarino 13.5% ABV
1x 2021 Redford-Wetle Eola Amity Hills Pinot Noir 14.0% ABV
Normal Cost $190 BD14 Cost $142.50 + $25 Shipping

Click Here to Purchase Discount will be automatically applied on checkout.

and/or

“Oregon Classics Pack”
1x 2021 Eagle’s Crown Pinot Noir 13.9% ABV
1x 2021 Redford-Wetle Eola Amity Hills Pinot Noir 14.0% ABV
2x 2021 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 14.5% ABV
1x 2021 Beacon Hill Chardonnay 12.2% ABV
1x 2021 Ribbon Ridge Rosé 13.3% ABV
Normal Cost $365 BD14 Cost $273.75 + $25 Shipping

Click Here to Purchase Discount will be automatically applied on checkout.

And/or

“Exploration of Oregon”
1x 2021 Sauvignon Blanc 14.5% ABV
2x 2021 Albarino 13.1% ABV
1x 2021 Experimental “Skinsy” Albarino 13.5% ABV
1x 2021 Gamay 13.4% ABV
1x 2021 Ribbon Ridge Rosé 13.3% ABV
Normal cost $335 BD14 Cost $251.25 + $25 Shipping

Click Here to Purchase - Discount will be automatically applied on checkout.

Currently Shipping To:
AK,AZ,CA,CO,DC,FL,GA,HI,IA,ID,IL,IN,KS,KY,LA,MA,MD,ME,MN,MO,NC,ND,NE,NH,NM,NV,NY,OH,OK,OR,PA,SC,TN,TX,VA,VT,WA,WI,WV,WY

Tekstura Tasting Notes

The Tekstura wines come from the Eola-Amity Hills AVA in Oregon. I received all 3 bottles free as part of the Monopole Crü Newbie taster program, as this is the first Berserker Fest for Tekstura.

2021 Tekstura Albariño : I can count on one hand the number of Albariño’s I have tasted in my life, not to say I don’t like the varietal, but I usually reach for the more popular Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, etc varietals… The 2021 Tekstura Albariño I tasted had the bright acidity you find in Albariño, with light gold on the edges. I picked up lemon and a little stone on the nose. The lemon profile really exploded on the palate with just a hint of saltiness. Doing some additional research on Albariño I discovered that August 1 is International Albariño Day, Fiesta del Albariño, which occurs during the week leading to the first Sunday of August in Cambados, Spain.

2021 Tekstura Sauvignon Blanc : The 2021 Tekstura Sauvignon Blanc I tasted has a similar mouth watering acidity as the Albarino, and at first blush I picked up a slight barnyard funk similar to what I get with Pinot, but that blew off within minutes to reveal subtle grassy notes with melon and pear. I found nothing shy about this sauvignon blanc. Interestingly, sauvignon blanc has its own International Day on May 3.

2021 Tekstura Redford-Wetle Eola Amity Hills Pinot Noir : The 2021 Tekstura Pinot Noir showed its fruit right from the start. Raspberries, strawberries, and a tiny hint of cherry were present; all of the red fruit profiles you come to expect from Pinot. I didn’t get any Pinot funk, or as I still call it barnyard funk, but there was that pinot white pepper on the finish. I didn’t decant this wine, and this was the only wine of the three I had with a meal, a simple yellow rice, sautéed mushroom, and chicken teriyaki dinner. If you didn’t know already, August 18 is Pinot Noir day.

I would like to thank Mike and Natasha for allowing me to taste their wines, and I’d like to welcome them to their first Berserker Fest as a business, and I wish them good luck.

1 Like

Another thankful taster weighing in… I was lucky enough to be chosen as a “Newbie taster” for Tekstura’s BerserkerDay wines. I was pleased to receive three different (complimentary) bottles for tasting - the Sauvignon Blanc, Albarino, and Pinot Noir. All three from the 2021 vintage, all three estate Redford-Wetle Vineyard within Eola Amity Hills. A friend and I tasted these alongside some lemon caper mackerel for the whites and a camembert with cherries and rosemary crackers for the pinot. Here are my notes…

Sauvignon Blanc: Straw gold color, expressive nose that shouts “sauvignon blanc” with the prototypical “cat pee” musk character, green grass, and some really intriguing notes that brought to mind mango sticky rice (maybe with a touch of coconut!?). This leans to the richer side without going over the top, lots of depth and texture, plenty of papaya and bright lemon acidity. Almost “boisterous” in character. Keeps you digging into the nooks and crannies for more. Also played nice with the mackerel and additional air.

Albarino: I don’t personally have much context for dometic albarino, but this showed a nice acidic-mineral character that felt right. Next to the sauvignon blanc, this is more restrained and linear wine. The color is a bright, clear golden straw. Nose is somewhat muted at first, leaning to slate with hints of dry tangerine and a bare whiff of white flowers. Plenty of acidity here, which rounds out a bit with air, unripe pineapple, a touch grippy in the mid-palate before the citrus acidity kicks in on a long finish. Plays well with food and air.

Pinot Noir: Bright, deep ruby with purple edges. Really pretty color, and the “pretty” descriptor continues on into the nose and palette. Strawberry, cherry, a bit of lavender, a hint of earthy cinnamon. Both yummy and elegant, with plentiful black cherry fruit, a nice ripe cherry sweetness (without being “sweet”), maybe rhubarb, and a baseline earthiness that balances out the fruit nicely. Really nice for a young pinot and a wine I’d be interested to follow for a few years.

3 Likes

Thank you for the notes. Excited for our first BD!

Order in for the classics! Tried to visit last summer but tasting room was open yet. Will try
to get there this year!

Thank you! We really appreciate it.

Please send me a PM next time you are in the area and I will make sure you have an awesome tasting.

1 Like

Nice offer! Wanted to bump this up-- some really great Eola-Amity Hills wines here folks.

1 Like

When our daughter was born we were renting that little house your vineyard now surrounds. It’s a beautiful place and easy to see why your wines are so well received. Hope you have a great Berserker debut!

2 Likes

@ToddFrench

2 Likes

Nice, btw, ping me again tomorrow, this is one on my radar I have to look more carefully! No time now!

1 Like

Thank you Todd!

Excited to be live for our first offer.

If anyone has any questions please post here. I’ll be watching.

You had me at Albarino. Excited to try the wines.

Thank you!!

Unfortunately I can’t share it yet but our Albariño will be featured in two of the main wine mags coming up in the next few weeks. I’ll just say the reception was very positive.

1 Like

Thank you for the orders!

I am extending this offer for another day. This is our best offer of the year and absolute lowest prices this wine will ever be.

Thank you for the support so far.

Love that idea! Brilliant.