☀ EXTENDED Sun Break Wines || Willamette Valley || -27.5% w/ Shipping || You Decide || Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Small-Batch Artisanal Vermouth & Sparkling Cider

First off, huge thanks for the continued support from the Berserker community! I really enjoy interacting, posting and learning from this Board. In addition, we get great reviews (and from the wine press, provided below) and you all help me stay connected and boost sales 100% above the distributor/retail accounts we have in 8 states. Just amazing!

Tastings with wine maker and owner, David Patte, by appointment at the Björnson Vineyard where I produce our wine. Beautiful vineyard setting with views on the Willamette Valley and the Cascades. Click here to learn more.

:sunny: BD 15 Offer: -27.5% across-the-board, mix & match + shipping discounts (free shipping for 12+ bottles, flat rate for smaller orders) :sunny: Instead of preselecting packages, everything on the website qualifies– you decide! :sunny: Tomorrow the discount rate will change for regular BD participants.

One discount code, “BD15” – shipping rates apply automatically at checkout as follows: $15 flat rate for 3-pack; $20 flat rate for 6-pack; FREE shipping for 12+ bottle order. (Returning club members: your rewards discounts apply-- do not use the BD code-- shipping discounts apply automatically at check out!) You can hop over to the website (CLICK HERE) or scroll down to see all the tasting notes, reviews, pricing, etc. Most wines are $38 Retail before discounts, Reserve $55, Vermouth $28, Cider $8.50, etc. Just one discount code to remember “BD15" via our online shop for out-of-state orders CLICK HEREBUT - Respond here for (1) Willamette Valley orders (delivery and/or pickup options), AND (2) non-VinoShipper State orders: AK, CA, CT, HI, NJ, MI, MT. (Sadly, ARK, DE, MS, RI, UT remain prohibited shipping States.)

This year I am including a special re-release of the much-heralded 2018 Pinots (94pts, 93pts, 92pts) that launched our winery in stellar fashion, earning praise and major press. This included being featured in the Prince of Pinot (hotlink) and as the top Oregon Pinot in its price category by the Wine Enthusiast and subsequent Google searches. I “sold out” in 10 months. But! a dozen or so cases held held back for our 5th anniversary (NB the extremely limited supply for 2018 Ariane).

:sunny:Sun Break follows an estate-type model for Pinot from the Cortell-Rose Vineyard using all 6 clones/blocks exploring three distinct expressions of terroir: Ariane (2021 92pts) is 100% whole cluster fermented, Colette (2021 91pts) is 100% destemmed, and Marie-Paule (2021 92pts) is a cuvée of both styles. I love having access to all six blocks/clones from the vineyard. The wines show more depth and complexity as we add more clonal diversity: some clones (at this site) bring more tannin (Dijon 114 and 115), or bright red fruit (667 and 777), or midpalate texture and darker red fruit (Pommard), or acidity (Wadensvil), etc. The Marie-Paule Reserve (2021 93pts./Editors’ Choice) is a selection of our 5 favorite barrels. We also craft a lovely still blanc-de-noir Pinot (Nicolette , 2022 90pts) that pops with citrus and white flower notes, with wet-stone minerality.

Our J Marie Chardonnay (2022 91pts) is also from a single vineyard, Royer in the Eola-Amity Hills. This is a Chablis-style chardonnay, neutral oak élevage, showing elegance, grace and great aromatics followed by bright flavors with body and struck-flint minerality.

Both vineyards are dry-farmed with no herbicides, no synthetic fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides.

I also produce two award-winning Pinot Noir-based, small-batch Vermouths (94pts/Editors’ Choice & 91pts), and four authentic-style, bottle carbonated sparkling Ciders. Sun Break Vermouths are made from red and rosé Pinot Noir infused with 17 (rosé) to 20 (red) organic and no-spray botanical infusions. These are crafted to be enjoyed on their own, chilled, as apéritif wines; and of course, they shine in cocktails.

Sun Break Sparkling Cider is crafted using heritage/heirloom apples for aromatic, complex and food-friendly dry ciders. Heirloom cider apples have higher natural sugar/ABV, tannins and tartness. The cider is bottle-conditioned similar to a sparkling wine/Méthode Champenoise but without disgorgement for extended in-bottle lees contact.

We are a One Percent for the Planet winery, donating one percent of all sales to forest conservation projects.

The French names of my wines are an homage to my family. I spent most summers on the family farm in the Rhone Valley as a youth, two years of Lycée in France, and many family visits thereafter. These nurtured my love of exceptional food and craft wine, especially for Burgundy, Rhone reds, Champagne and Chartreuse, to name a few.

:sunny:DB Ordering Details :sunny: 27.5% across-the-board wine and shipping discounts and free shipping on 12+ bottles. Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Vermouth and authentic style cider-- you decide what you’d like to order. One discount code, BD15 – shipping rates apply automatically as follows: $15 flat rate for 3-pack; $20 flat rate for 6-pack; Free shipping for 12+ bottle order. (Returning club members: your rewards discounts apply-- do not use the BD code-- shipping discounts apply automatically at check out!)

Just one discount code to remember “BD15" via our online shop for out-of-state orders CLICK HEREBUT - Respond here for (1) Willamette Valley orders (deliveries and/or pickup options), AND (2) non-VinoShipper State orders: AK, CA, CT, HI, NJ, MI, MT. (Sadly, ARK, DE, MS, RI, UT remain prohibited shipping States.)

Go to our VinoShipper online shop to read about the wines, vermouth and cider (click “see details”) (CLICK HERE) or keep reading below for the wine list followed by full tasting notes and reviews.

:sunny:Raffle :sunny: Reply to this post with your order and comments to enter the raffle for the 94pt 2018 Colette Pinot Noir & the 93pt/Editors’ Choice (WE) 2018 Marie-Paule Pinot Noir. Winner to be announced on the 28th.

Tastings with wine maker and owner, David Patte, by appointment at the Björnson Vineyard where I produce our wine. Beautiful vineyard setting with views on the Willamette Valley and the Cascades. Click here to learn more.

Feel free to reach out with questions!

Thanks! David Patte, owner, wine maker
Willamette Valley, Oregon, Sun Break Wines (541) 745-3016 (mobile) dpatte62@gmail.com WB DM @David_Patte https://SunBreakWineCider.com

THE LIST :sunny:Sun Break Wine, Vermouth and Sparkling Cider :sunny:TNs, Scores, Pricing :sunny:

:sunny:Just one discount code to remember “BD15" via our online shop for out-of-state orders CLICK HERERespond here for Willamette Valley orders and non-VinoShipper State orders: AK, CA, CT, HI, NJ, MI, MT. :sunny:

SOLD OUT 5-Yr Anniversary 2018 Pinot Noir 3-Pack, Colette, Marie-Paule and Ariane Pinot Noirs (each described below). $165 SRP $120 BD sale

5-Yr Anniversary Re-Release 2018 Colette Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley. “Vibrant and lushly aromatic, this lip-smacking wine is jam-packed with raspberry fruit, blackberry fruit and juicy acids. It’s tart and streaked lightly with espresso and baking spices.” 94pts Wine Enthusiast (WE) 14.9% ABV $55 SRP $40 BD sale

5-Yr Anniversary Re-Release 2018 Marie-Paule Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley. “This cuvée was half fermented with whole clusters. It’s a precise, focused wine—the blackberry and black cherry fruit has a gentle squirt of lemony acidity. It’s lively and clean, with no sulfites added, and a lovely showcase for this outstanding vineyard. 93pts/Editors’ Choice (WE) 14.7% ABV $55 SRP $40 BD sale

SOLD OUT 5-Yr Anniversary Re-Release 2018 Ariane Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley. Very limited supply, only available as part of the 3-Pack, above "Dark garnet color in the glass. Alluring aromas of currant, blackberry, spice, sap and sous-bois. Very juicy and agreeable in a mid-weight style with charming fruits that cascade over the palate. The most tannin of the three 2018 Sun Break Pinot Noirs is evident, yet complimentary. This wine sports impressive harmony with a very long, black grape-infused finish.” 93pts, Prince of Pinot 14.1% ABV SOLD OUT - But a few available in 3-pack above

2022 Nicolette White Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley. 90 pts. (WE) Our white Pinot Noir (Blanc de Noir) is crafted in a bright and crisp style. A delicious, highly aromatic and refreshing wine, Nicolette pops with struck flint minerality, citrus flavors and floral notes. Like our other wines, Nicolette is made from hand-picked Pinot Noir, but the grapes are harvested very early in the fruit’s ripening arc. 12.9% ABV $27 BD Sale $19.57

2022 J Marie Chardonnay, Royer Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley. 91 pts. (WE) This is a classic Chablis-style chardonnay with a focus on bright acidity and minerality, complemented by well-balanced body and texture. The wine’s aromatics and flavors burst with notes of citrus, tropical fruit, white flowers, and a subtle hint of minerality. (This is NOT a butter/caramel/new oak-styled Chardonnay!) 12.1% ABV $38 SRP $27.55 BD sale

2021 Colette Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley. Colette is the most fruit-driven of the three Pinot Noirs we produce. 91 pts. International Wine Report: “100% destemmed during fermentation and in neutral French oak barrels for 11 months, the 2021 Colette Pinot Noir from Sun Break is a juicy, fruit-forward, and delicious wine. Boasting notes of macerated red cherry, pomegranate seeds, dried sage, wet earth, and a hint of anise seed. Acidity checks in on the high side, while tannins are crunchy but starting to integrate.” Drink: 2023-2031 13.5% ABV $38 SRP $27.55 BD sale

2021 Ariane Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley. 92 points (IWR): “Fermented with 100% whole cluster and all neutral oak, which gives it a more earthy, structured, and savory style compared to the others in the lineup. Boasting a medium ruby/orange core with a silvery rim in the glass, it offers up aromas of spiced red plum, crushed pink peppercorn, sweet clove, and Blood orange tones. Crunchy sweet tannins, a medium body, and mouthwatering acidity complete this fabulous Pinot Noir that should age nicely in your cellar for the next decade.” Drink: 2023-2033 12.9% ABV $38 SRP $27.55 BD sale

2021 Marie-Paule Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley. 92 points (IWR): “I love the nose… it explodes from the glass with aromas of blueberry preserves, crushed cranberries, wet stone, Earl Grey tea, hints of charcuterie, and fresh poultry herbs. Balanced and fresh acidity pairs perfectly with the rounded sweet tannins and lengthy fruit-forward finish. It finishes just a touch more elegant and balanced than its siblings, which makes it my favorite of the lineup.” Drink: 2023-2031. IWR, 1/11/2023 Made from 30% whole cluster and 70% destemmed fermentations. 13.2% ABV $38 SRP $27.55 sale

2021 Marie-Paule Reserve Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley. 93 points/Editors’ Choice (Wine Enthusiast). “A beautiful wine with a glimmering medium neon ruby color and a light pink rim. The nose is full of wild huckleberry, red cherry, toasted pine nuts, pink rose petals, and hints of a dusty country road. On the palate, flavors of black cherry and pomegranate juice are prominent. This wine has medium to high acidity levels, crunchy tannins, and a medium body and was fermented with 40% whole cluster and aged for 11 months in neutral oak barrels, which provides a complex and interesting flavor profile.” Drink: 2023-2031. Made from 40% whole cluster and 60% destemmed fermentations. 13.2% ABV $55 SRP $40 BD sale

Sun Break Rosé Vermouth: 94pts/Editors’ Choice, Wine Enthusiast,: This bright vermouth pops with compelling floral, citrus, alpine meadow, spice and bitter flavors and aromatics. Crafted with a blend of 17 old- and new-world organic and no-spray botanicals. Enjoy on its own, chilled, as an apéritif wine. Also delicious on ice with a twist of lime and/or with soda water; and of course, this vermouth shines in cocktails. 16.9% ABV $28 SRP $20.30 BD sale

Sun Break Red Vermouth: 91pts, WE: This vermouth is deep brick red in color. A dusty nose is followed by heady baking spice, woodsy cedar, orange peel, cherry/cranberry flavors with bitter and nutty cardamom highlights. A blend of 20 old world and new world floral, fruit, herb, spice and bitter organic or no-spray botanicals. Enjoy chilled or on ice, with a twist or wedge of orange, and/or with your favorite cocktail especially a Manhattan or similar recipe. 16.9% ABV $28 SRP $20.30 BD sale

Gravenstein Gold Dry Sparkling Cider: Light and fresh tart green apple aromatics and flavors with bright ruby red grapefruit notes and a hint of rose. Made from fresh-picked Oregon apples featuring its namesake Gravenstein (from our property) and other dessert varietals along with 7 heirloom varieties: Brown’s, Bulmer’s Norman, Muscadet de Dieppe, Somerset Redstreak, Spitzenburg, Taylor’s Sweet, Wickson Crab from the acclaimed Idyll Acres Orchard. Sulfites added. 7.8% ABV $8.50 SRP $6.16 BD sale

Liberty Red Dry Sparkling Cider: Small batch heritage dry cider, unfiltered and naturally carbonated. This cider pops with bright and zesty red apple notes and floral (rose) notes. Made from fresh-picked Oregon apples, the 2020 vintage features 45% Liberty apples along with Olympic pears and 6 heritage varieties: Dabinett, Vilberie, Amere de Berthcourt, Reines des pommes, Brown Snout and Ashmead's Kernel. No sulfites added. 8.2% ABV $8.50 SRP $6.16 BD sale

Idyll Acres Perfection Dry Sparkling Cider: Highly aromatic with wine-like, caramel apple flavors; this a crisp dry cider with a white tea finish. Made with 100% Willamette Valley, Oregon, heirloom/heritage cider apples from the Idyll Acres Orchard, featuring 30% Porter’s Perfection, along with four other heritage varieties: Vilberie, Marechal, Dabinett and Sweet Coppin. No sulfites added. 8.2% ABV $8.50 SRP $6.16 BD sale

Perfect Four Sparking Cider: Complex apple-pear flavors with subtle notes of orange, butterscotch and caramel. I make this orchard-based small batch cider from fresh-picked Oregon apples featuring its namesake Porter’s Perfection along with three other heirloom apple varieties, Dabinett, Muscat de Bernay and Brown Snout, all from the acclaimed Idyll Acres Orchard. Sulfites added. 8.3% ABV $8.50 SRP $6.16 GC BD sale

Frequin’ Delicious Sparking Cider: Bright red apple and rose/floral aromatics and flavors, this is a well-balanced, smooth, orchard-based small batch dry cider. I make this cider from fresh-picked Oregon apples featuring its namesake Frequin Rouge along with four other heirloom apple varieties, Geeveston Fanny, Kingston Black, Sweet Coppin and Yarlington, all from the acclaimed Idyll Acres Orchard, plus a few Liberty and other desert apples. Sulfites added. 7.5% ABV $8.50 SRP $6.16 BD sale

Dabinett Sparking Cider: Zesty, Fall apple and floral flavors with a crisp, refreshing finish. Full bodied with secondary notes of buttered apple crisp that add complexity to this delicious cider. Crafted using Dabinett, a classic heritage cider apple originally from Somerset, England. 4-Star review, LaurenWanderLand on Cider Expert. No sulfites added. 7.9% ABV $8.50 SRP $6.16 BD sale

THANKS!!!

CORTELL-ROSE VINEYARD :sunny: No herbicides, no synthetic fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides.

VERMOUTH - Pinot Noir based, organic and no-spray botanicals from our garden. Rosé pic (we also produce a red vermouth)

SPARKLING CIDER - Dry, heritage style, Méthode Champenoise (without disgorgement, on its lees)

Thank you DAVID ! In for a case

1 Like

In for a case of 2021 Pinot!

Already have the 2022 case in waiting and made it through most of my 2021s on hand.

I’ve posted it here before but these are really wonderful Pinots at this price point and David is a great guy in real life!

I prefer the Ariane in 2021 but haven’t tasted the final wines from ‘22. Sure they’re just as good

1 Like

Thanks Jake! I’ll be in touch about shipping timeframes : )

Love the rose vermouth! Thank you for the offer!

2 Likes

Thanks Dan! I had clients request a 22 vintage tasting last weekend and these wines are coming along nicely. This vintage shows more elegance and nuance than 21 (precision would be another term), but my clients thought they were more generous with more body than D. Paige and Eyrie, for example (which they had tasted recently as club members- they were speaking generally for these two, not a vintage to vintage comparison if that makes sense). I tend to pick as late as possible for flavor, while keeping good acidity and low ABVs (19, 21, 22, 23 are mostly below 13.5%. 2018 was an anomaly, my rookie year, but man the critics sure to like higher ABVs!)

1 Like

Dang, a whole case of vermouth (plus one of wine)— thanks Ellie! How do you enjoy the vermouth — as a sipping aperitif wine, or cocktails?

In for one of the three-packs. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Adam for your continued support!

I’m in for a new treat. My partner teaches a community ed wine class and wanted the rose vermouth for a summer wine class.

Oh wow, how fun. Let me know if I can help out— perhaps via Zoom or some such? — I would be happy to share my approach and process for making vermouth (and other wines). And thanks for also ordering a case of the wines! I’ll be in touch about shipping time frames depending on the weather. (And stay tuned for a raffle winner announcement (Sunday night)— you are entered!)

1 Like

Order in for a case!

1 Like

Thanks for your continued support Brian! I’ll be in touch about shipping windows— and if you win the raffle : )

1 Like

Love your Red Vermouth for Manhattans. In for 3!

1 Like

Order in. Love these Pinot Noirs and vermouth. Looking forward to trying the Chardonnay.

1 Like

Easy purchase from a warm and considerate host and winemaker who also has the temerity to make excellent wine.

1 Like

What kind of whiskey do you recommend with our red vermouth? I get this question a lot and for me, something light such as Canadian. You?

A new customer here who went a little all over the place-Chards, White Pinots, both vermouths and 5 ciders too! Love how you do things there:)

Thanks Chris! Will be in touch about shipping and whether you wine the raffle ; )

We aim to please : ) I’ll be in touch about shipping timeframes. And if you win the raffle, we can sneak a couple of 2018 Pinot Noir bottles into your boxes!

1 Like