Extended -- Explore Washington’s Uncharted Territories with Entiat Wines – Micro-lots from Parts Unknown (20% off + free shipping)

@ToddFrench @Dane_I

I make wines. I like rocks. Washington State rocks!

Entiat Wines is a journey through Washington’s uncharted territories.

Hello, Berserkers!

My name is Dane Iussig and I am the winemaker and owner of Entiat Wines (pron: in’-ee-aht). We are an extremely small-scale project located in Northern Washington State. Our focus is on lands still in the discovery stage, such as the newly designated Rocky Reach AVA, Lake Chelan, the northernmost portions of the Columbia Valley, and undesignated sites that can only be labeled as Washington State.

I learned about BerserkerDay from Erica Orr and checked out your incredible forum. I think Entiat is a perfect fit for such a supportive wine community!

I have four offers for you to explore. Pick one, pick ‘em all. All packages are 20% off and include free shipping. The discount will automatically apply when you add an offer to your cart. No offer codes needed. I can ship everywhere except DE, MS, ND, NH, RI, SD, and UT.

Offer 1: The Lewis & Clark (3-pack @ $63.20)

The Lewis & Clark Expedition is the most famous expedition in America, unless you count that one time we ran out of toilet paper during the pandemic. :slight_smile: This offer explores the Double D Vineyard in the newly designated Rocky Reach AVA, a narrow sliver of land between the foothills of the Cascades and the Columbia Plateau, just north of Wenatchee. Includes 1 bottle each of:

• 2019 Syrah Double D Vineyard (Columbia Valley) – Mint, vanilla bean, cocoa. Firm and friendly.
  • 2020 Syrah Double D Vineyard – Baked berries, lavender, pepper. Striking and silky
  • 2021 Mourvèdre Rosé Double D Vineyard – Strawberry, watermelon, rhubarb. Yum.

Regular Price: $79 + Shipping

BerserkerDay Offer: $63.20 including shipping

Click here to order
(Discount automatically applies at checkout.)

Offer 2: The Marco Polo (4-pack @ $84.80 - Limited to 24)

Most people think Walter White coined the phrase “Say. My. Name.” I disagree. I think it was Marco Polo. This 4-pack is some of my favorites that are drinking well right now. The Cordilleran Sauv Blanc is named after the ice sheet that clawed its way through the area. Includes one bottle each of:

• 2020 Syrah Double D Vineyard
  • 2021 Lake Chelan Pinot Noir – Ocean meets forest meets morels. (I know, right?)
  • 2021 Lake Chelan Chardonnay – Extended aging on the lees, balanced by oyster shell minerality
  • 2021 Cordilleran Sauvignon Blanc Washington State – Honeysuckle and bright citrus. It speaks of place.

Regular Price: $106 + Shipping

BerserkerDay Offer: $84.80 including shipping

Click here to order

Offer 3: The Neil Armstrong (6-pack @ $127.20)

Neil Armstrong explored one of the biggest rocks of all time. This 6-pack is a nod to Neil and the rest of the Apollo 11 primary and backup crew (Aldrin, Collins, Lovell, Anders, and Haise Jr.). Explore this six-pack of current releases.

• 2021 Lake Chelan Pinot Noir
  • 2021 Lake Chelan Chardonnay
  • 2019 Syrah Double D Vineyard (Columbia Valley)
  • 2021 Mourvèdre Rosé Columbia Valley
  • 2021 Spectre Bloc Lake Chelan Red Blend - Brambly fruits, plush and structured. MI6 would approve.

Regular Price: $159 + Shipping

BerserkerDay Offer: $127.20 including shipping

Click here to order

Offer 4: The John Cabot (6-pack @ $124 - Limited to 24)

In 1847, John Cabot discovered Newfoundland. He’s also a longtime Berserker in NorCal! This six-pack includes a lovely 2022 Sauvignon Blanc that I’m just about to bottle.

• 2021 Lake Chelan Pinot Noir
  • 2019 Syrah Double D Vineyard
  • 2021 Cordilleran Sauvignon Blanc Washington State
  • 2022 Cordilleran Sauvignon Blanc Washington State
  • 2021 Mourvèdre Rosé Columbia Valley

Regular Price: $155 + Shipping

BerserkerDay Offer: $124 including shipping

Click here to order

Note: The John Cabot will ship in March.

Shipping

All packages include free ground shipping via UPS. Shipping will begin in early February, weather permitting.

I can ship everywhere except DE, MS, ND, NH, RI, SD, and UT. Please contact me if you are in AK or HI.

Questions?

If you have any questions about my wines, my story, or you just want to talk about rocks, just comment on this thread. I’ll be checking in throughout the day. You can also call me at 360 510 9052 or send an email to info@entiatwines.com.

I am so stoked to get these wines into your hands. If you’d like, you can read more below about Entiat and our wines. And my obsession with rocks.

About Entiat Wines

The Entiat name appears in several places in Washington. Entiat is town just south of Lake Chelan, a river, a mountain range, and the ancestral lands of the Native American tribe from which name is derived. For me, Entiat is a sense of place where the Columbia River divides the eastern edge of the Cascades Mountains and the Columbia Plateau.

2019 Syrah Double D Vineyard (Columbia Valley). Fermented in stainless steel alfalfa bins; one with all whole berries and the other with 50% whole cluster. Aromatics of orange blossom and leaves. Blackberry skin and mint tea on the mid palate. Nettles, mint, orange marmalade, vanilla bean, cocoa. 15.3% abv, 143 cases.

2020 Syrah Double D Vineyard. Destemmed whole berries were fermented in an open-top stainless steel bin, then gently pressed into French oak barrels to mature. Perfumed nose of ripe baked berry fruits, violets, lavender, and peppery herbs which carry this medium-bodied, silky balanced Syrah. Ageworthy. 13.9% abv, 94 cases.

2021 Rose’ of Mourvedre Double D Vineyard. Hand harvested and foot crushed to extract color and texture, this Rose’ was dry fermented, cool and slow, to preserve freshness and aromatics. Notes of hibiscus, loose tea leaves, and leather on the nose. Opulent on the palate with flavors of strawberries, watermelon rind, and rhubarb carrying through to a long bright finish. 11.3% abv, 98 cases.

2021 Lake Chelan Pinot Noir. Refreshing raspberry leaf, dried strawberry, pomegranate, mineral with spices of black pepper, an ocean meets forest meets morel mushroom and umami. Washington State Pinot Noir, say what? 13.2% abv, 42 cases.

2021 Lake Chelan Chardonnay. Whole cluster, barrel fermented and allowed to finish malolactic, but in neutral French barrels. Extended aging on the lees in stainless steel drums. Notes of honeyed pear and apricot, followed by a melange of citrus, cashew, and roasted hazelnut. Rich and round, balanced by oyster shell minerality. 13.9% abv, 67 cases.

2021 Cordilleran Sauvignon Blanc Washington State. Layered with honeysuckle, fresh tarragon, musky flowers with slight undertones on flint and salinity on the nose. Medium body. Mouth-watering acidity with honeycomb texture drives home the flavors of creme brulee, bright citrus, and white flowers. 12.6% abv, 98 cases.

2022 Cordilleran Sauvignon Blanc Washington State. ~12.5% abv, 199 cases.

2021 Spectre Bloc Lake Chelan Red Blend. Brambly fruits, fig, tobacco, and caramel with notes of savory black pepper, and dried sage. The beauty of this unique blend brings forth a balance on the palate while pairing with a variety of dishes. The plush yet structured mouthfeel ensures an elegant and balanced wine that will age gracefully overtime. 14% abv, 142 cases.

I Like Rocks!

BD14 - Entiat Rocks

The granite. The soil types. The Cordilleran Ice Sheet. The area in and around the new Rocky Reach AVA is geologically very interesting. We have giant swaths of ice age flood deposits consisting of granite cobbles on and below the topsoil. Seeing this type of land instantly made me interested in producing Syrah, as well as other varieties that like to show their soils from which they are grown. The cobbles provide radiant heat to the vines and usher water down to the roots. In my view, the area is a compelling part of the state to make wine.

I am also drawn to the climate. Around here, spring generally comes a week to two weeks later, which pushes back the growing season. We have slightly lower temperatures, which helps the fruit develop at a lower Brix than the hotter areas of the state. This leads to flavorful wines with balanced alcohols.

Remember, the discount automatically applies at checkout. No offer codes needed.

Click here to order

Thank you for your support!

2 Likes

These wines look super interesting! Not from your typical Washington AVAs. I’m excited to try some!

1 Like

Thanks John,
Maybe we will have to pay you guys a visit while we are down in the Willamette next week. Sourcing and making wines from Northern Washington has been something I’ve been eager to do for years now. This area has tons of potential!

2 Likes

I had the pleasure of tasting three Entiat wines, the 2021 Chardonnay, the 2021 Cordilleran (Sauvignon Blanc) and the 2021 Pinot Noir. Received these as part of the Monopole Cru Newbie Taster opportunity.

If you’re interested in very descriptive, well-crafted tasting notes, I am not your guy–the winemaker has really good notes on the site, and I’d encourage you to consider them– but I can tell you that I very much enjoyed all of these and would recommend to anyone looking to expand their domestic wine horizons and try some well-made, food-friendly wines. All are sub 14%, varietally correct, quite refreshing and look to be well-priced even at the normal price point. I’ve been to Washington State expressly to drink wine a couple of times and think I have consumed the state relatively widely, and the three I tried bear very little resemblance to my preconceptions. Also, points for all screwcap.

2021 Sauvignon Blanc- (12.6%) I opened this for three non-geeks, including my brother, who insists white wine gives him a headache (?!). Comments from the civilians included: “nice and grapey”, “fresh and green,” and “doesn’t weigh you down with bell pepper.” Helpful. Still, widely enjoyed, even by my white-disliking brother. This is not a rich round California SB or a sharp NZ – both styles I like – but somewhere in between. Ample fruit–what I think of as gooseberry – and lots of minerality. A nice bottle and one that will be emptied at your warm weather dinner table in no time flat.

2021 Chardonnay- (13.9%) My favorite of the bunch. I was thinking baked apple with some fall spices as the dominant notes. The winemaker’s tasting note says honeyed pear, and I’ll buy that, too. No discernible oak (neutral french barrels), just a nice, rounded chard that served as a great counterpart to a roast chicken. My wife said: “I really like this”. (Should we start a review site with these incredible notes?)

2021 Pinot Noir- (13.2%). Had a small glass of this on friday night, rescrewed and went back to it on saturday, when it had stretched its legs and settled down a bit. Lighter bodied, again, on the refreshing side of things, but plenty of flavor. A spicy nose that smells great and a pretty, light color. On the red-fruited side of the spectrum, with nice berries and some earth for added interest. This seemed young (it is, obviously) but was easy to drink and well-made, unmistakably pinot from a place you probably don’t associate with the grape.

It was very cool to try these wines and I learned something new about a state I like. I think y’all will like them. Thanks, Todd and Dane, for the opportunity.

2 Likes

Monopole Crü member newbie tester of Entiat

slightly quick and to the point*

Entiat Rosé 2021 Rocky Reach, Wa 11.3%

Pale rose gold appearance, on the nose pronounced clementine rind, medium shaved parmesan, floral bed, distant vanilla. Dry, medium bodied, medium acid. Long finish of fresh strawberries, parmesan, vanilla crème. Enjoyable Rosé.

Entiat Spectre Bloc 2021 Lake Chelan, Wa 14%

Deep Ruby appearance. Instant complexity on the nose with intense new leather, floral notes, old barn-house, hint of smoked meat. Palate is dry, full bodied, serious grip. Dark chocolate covered cherries, black raspberries, black currant, candy, touch of unrolled dry tobacco.
A bold, well balanced wine. Good acid, long length, with complex characteristics. Outstanding wine.

Entiat Syrah 2019 Columbia Valley, Wa 15.3%

A Washington wine with a strong backbone. Deep Purple, amassing nose of nightblooming jasmine, molasses, wet forest floor. Dry, full bodied, medium acid, powerful tannin. Palate, although somewhat floral, is dominated by raspberry chutney, pepper, cocoa, mint, remote licorice. Well balanced and favorable length. Another enjoyable red by winemaker Dane Iussig.

2 Likes

Thanks for the review Sean!

1 Like

Thanks for the review Dave :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Wine was great, loved by me and my fellow nerds, I appreciate the opportunity!

2 Likes

Heck ya! I’ll have to have you try more of the lineup soon. And whenever we make it over to the Mid-Atlantic I’ll be sure to look you up for recommendations on where to eat what to see

1 Like

In for a John Cabot 6-pack!

2 Likes

Thanks Bill, can’t wait for you to crack into these bottles. I think you’ll really enjoy them

2 Likes

In for the Neil Armstrong. First newbie purchase of the day for me.

Offer kicks a$$ plus I have a degree in geology from Oregon State so anyone that loves rocks is a friend of mine!

thanks

2 Likes

Dane’s wines are delicious, Berserkers! Fresh, pure, balanced and low alcohol. They are real easy to drink (ask me how I know).

He went to wine school in Walla Walla and has worked at wineries and vineyards in Western Australia, Oregon and all over Washington. Too modest to brag about himself in his newbie intro, he’s been invaluable on my Orr Wines team too.

Dane and I share a deep appreciation for seafood and shellfish, taco truck tacos and tree-ripened fruit. He’s a world traveler but there’s a special place in his heart for the the rocky soils of the Northern Columbia Valley.

Check out his Entiat wines !!

5 Likes

This area is a total anomaly for what Washington is known for being Basalt bedrock with wind blown loess and Missoula flood deposits, whereas where I source from is the crystalline basement from granite, gneiss and schist. I’ll send you a link from the Rocky Reach AVA proposal from Dr Kevin Pogue the Geologist at Whitman University in Walla Walla

1 Like

@Dane_I those tasting notes look fabulous - loving the granite, schist, rock adorations, I agree, WA state producing some real beauties. Welcome to BD.

2 Likes

In for the Lewis and Clark! Thank you for being here.

2 Likes

If anyone is curious to know a bit more about one of the regions where we source from this a great article from wine writer Sean Sullivan Sean P. Sullivan - Washington Wine Report Note: Site has moved to www.northwestwinereport.com: Rocky Reach: an in-depth look at Washington’s newest appellation

2 Likes

First timer - in for a Neil Armstrong

2 Likes

Ordered the L&C pack, and can’t wait! Love Erica Orr’s wines and she recommended yours so…it’s got to be amazing.

2 Likes