EXTENDED! Chris James Cellars - "Oregon Winery of 2022" as named by Great Northwest Wine Magazine! - Award Winning Willamette Valley & Columbia Valley Wines

"Oregon Winery of the Year" as named by Great Northwest Wine Magazine!

Willamette Valley & Columbia Valley Wines

barnes_family2022-500

Hey there Berserkers! This is our sixth year doing Berserker Day. If you’re unfamiliar with us, we’re a family owned winery in Yamhill-Carlton AVA, in Willamette Valley Oregon. Chris warned me (Beth) on our first date in 2009 that he wanted to retire on a vineyard. Just a couple of years later (and no where near retirement age!) he found an old tree farm on Zillow that looked promising. We purchased the 62 acre piece of land located on the western edge of the Yamhill-Carlton AVA in 2011. The dream started to take shape as we cleared and planted a little bit each year starting in 2012 and ending in 2019 with 17 acres planted including 10 varietals. We just recently again expanded the vineyard. We now have just under 25 acres with 17 varietals.

After taking some classes in winemaking, Chris decided that in addition to farming, he wanted to make wine. The first vintage was 2015 when we made just 200 cases of Estate Pinot Noir and Estate Sauvignon Blanc. In 2016 we increased to 1,000 cases with at least 10 varietals as we started purchasing fruit in addition to using our own. Each year since we have produced around 3,000 cases with a very wide array of varietals. If you’re interested in learning more about us or seeing some fun photos of the journey, check out our website at chrisjamescellars.com (you can read our story at Chris James Cellars (Carlton, OR))!

We make a lot of different wines and win a lot of great awards with them. In 2022 we were named “Oregon Winery of the Year” by Great Northwest Wine Magazine!

We have hand picked a few of our favorites to offer this year. If you are interested in other varietals that we produce, just reach out or check out the current releases on our website. We are happy to select a custom mixed 6-pack (25% off) or case (30% off) for you to sample a broader range of our wonderful wines.

Our BD offerings below have shipping included; if you’re in the Oregon area and would like to pick up your wines from us, we will give you a bonus bottle of wine!

Order online at https://chrisjamescellars.orderport.net/wines/Gift-Sets/BD

We are excited to have all of you try our wines and post feedback. If you like what you try, come back and order some more! We will offer a 20% discount on all reorders for the next 6 months - watch for a discount code in your shipment.

If you have tried us in the past, post below and let us know how you liked the wines! Anyone that posts a comment will be entered to win some great Chris James Cellars merch!

Please note, we typically ship via Fedex. Shipping included for contiguous US States ONLY. If shipping to AK and HI, please reach out for pricing. Feel free to reach out with any shipping questions. We will do our best to get the wines to you! We prefer to wait on shipping until Spring.

2023-offer1_sm

Offer 1: Award Winning Whites (1 of each) $139 (Shipped)

• 2018 Chardonnay, Yamhill-Carlton
  • 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Reserve, Estate
  • 2020 Roussanne, Columbia Valley
  • 2021 Gewürztraminer, Willamette Valley
  • 2021 Grüner Veltliner, Willamette Valley
  • 2021 Roussanne-Marsanne, Columbia Valley

2023-offer2_sm

Offer 2: Award Winning Reds (1 of each) $169 (Shipped)

• 2018 Dolcetto, Estate
  • 2018 Syrah, Columbia Valley
  • 2019 Cabernet Franc, Columbia Valley
  • 2019 Claret, Columbia Valley
  • 2019 Merlot, Columbia Valley
  • 2019 Tempranillo, Willamette Valley

2023-offer3_sm

Offer 3: Award Winning Mixed (1 of each) $159 (Shipped)

• 2018 Chardonnay, Yamhill-Carlton
  • 2021 Grüner Veltliner, Willamette Valley
  • 2021 Roussanne-Marsanne, Columbia Valley
  • 2019 Cabernet Franc, Columbia Valley
  • 2019 Claret, Columbia Valley
  • 2019 Merlot, Columbia Valley

2023-offer4_sm

Offer 4: Award Winning Pinot Noir (1 of each) $169 (Shipped)

• 2018 Pinot Noir, Eola-Amity Hills
  • 2018 Pinot Noir, Estate
  • 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve, Willamette Valley
  • 2019 Pinot Noir, Estate
  • 2020 Pinot Noir, Estate
  • 2020 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley

2023-offer5_sm

Offer 5: Sparkling (2 of each) $129 (Shipped)

• 2021 Sparkling Chardonnay, Willamette Valley
  • 2021 Sparkling Sauv Blanc, Willamette Valley

awards2-500

Looking forward to another great year with BD! Please drop a post if you have tried our wines in the past.
We are watching for questions.

I was looking to buy the 6 pack of reds but when I add it to the cart it says there are 7 items i.e. the 6ack (1 item) and the 6 individual bottles and the total cost is $406 - I am doing something wrong or is there a glitch?

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out, it’s all fixed now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey all! Feel free to reach out with any questions or custom requests! We have so many wines that it may be hard to choose!

Clearly everyone loves bubbles! They are so good! You will not be disappointed :slight_smile:

Picked up a six of the award winning Pinot Noir - yummy!

1 Like

Great pick! That package includes 2 wines that each received the highest points for a Pinot Noir in the Great Northwest Platinum Judging:
2018 Eola-Amity Pinot Noir was the highest rated Pinot Noir in 2022
2018 Pinot Noir Reserve was the highest rated Pinot Noir in 2023

Changed my mind and (finally) placed order for the Pinot 6 pack

Fantastic! Were you convinced by my comment about including the highest rated Pinot two years in a row?

I hope you love the wines!

Yes!

If you are that easily persuaded, let me tell you about our other wines…lol… Perhaps you need to try some of the other offers, too! :wink:

1 Like

Great news for those that might have missed us on BD14...We are extending out offer for a few more days! Act fast to catch it before it is gone!

The Pinot Noir option had taken the lead! I cannot wait to hear your thoughts!

Couldn’t resist more pinot - order in - looking forward to these!

You will not regret it! :grin::wine_glass:

Hope you are having a great Berserkerday!

Thanks, Todd! We are! Same to you!

The overwhelming winner was our Award Winning Pinot Noir set! I look forward to hearing your feedback!

1 Like