Smoking Goose | slow cured and smoked meats, salumi, and sausages
“The meat expert rethinking one of the world’s most ancient food traditions.”
~ New York Magazine’s Grub Street on what sets Smoking Goose apart.
Smoking Goose is excited to participate in NewbiePalooza! We love the concept of WineBerserkers and are so happy that Charlie and Rich agreed to write tasting notes. Special thanks to Patrick who nominated us and helped guide us through the process!
Enjoy an additional 10% off orders of $100 or more, plus Free Shipping
Go to: https://shop.smokinggoose.com/
Enter BERSERKERS in the discount code box at checkout.
almost our entire line up of 40+ salumi, sausages, smoked meats, and larder meats are already on sale at shop.smokinggoose.com – stock up for the holidays with an additional 10% off your order of $100 or more.
applies to over 300 paired products, too: seafood, cheeses, pickles, preserves, condiments, spice rubs, marinades, and more
does not apply to Sampler Packs https://shop.smokinggoose.com/collections/sampler-packs-1 (which are already discounted!), gift cards, or meat school classes ***$100 minimum must be of eligible items…in other words, sampler packs, gift cards, classes can’t count toward the $100 minimum for code to work
expires at midnight on Nov. 30, 2021, and only valid once per customer
Shipping info: free shipping offer valid in lower 48 states. Orders are shipped in food-appropriate insulated boxes with ice packs as needed, etc. More info and answers to FAQ at https://shop.smokinggoose.com/pages/contact-us
Note: Stay tuned! We’ll be a part of BerserkerDay in 2022 and hope to have some new offerings then, too.
Indianapolis natives and high school sweethearts (awww) Chris and Mollie Eley opened “Goose the Market,” a neighborhood butcher shop and specialty food market in 2007. Based on the relationships with farmers and the recipes that Chris developed behind the butcher counter, this family business grew into Smoking Goose in 2011.
Using old world craft and new world flavors, Smoking Goose makes over 40 varieties of slow cured and smoked meats, salumi, and sausages in small batches. All Smoking Goose recipes begin on the farm. Working with farmers in Indiana and neighboring states who raise their animals as nature intended, Chris and the Smoking Goose gang still seam butcher by hand and cure without compound nitrates.
Producing this way takes more time, more effort, and more patience, but Chris’ and Mollie’s unwavering commitment to quality, flavor, and humane, sustainable farm partners has earned Smoking Goose nods features from Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, James Beard Foundation, Good Food Awards, and more.
Need help deciding? Here are a few of our fans’ favorite things: Again, many thanks to Patrick, Charlie, and Rich!
- Spruce and Candy Salame - A 2021 “Good Food Award” winner! This pork salame blends spruce tips with 18th Street Brewing’s American Pale Ale and lemon peel, clove, Calabrian pepper, and pink peppercorns. Spruce tips grow in early spring and have a citrus-y, resin-y freshness – a traditional spice that Smoking Goose owner and butcher Chris Eley learned to use when visiting Alaska. Not sliced; about 7-8oz each, paper wrapped. https://shop.smokinggoose.com/products/spruce-and-candy-salame-limited-release-collaboration-with-18th-street-brewing
- ‘Nduja - “My name is ‘Nduja Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” Well, not exactly. Pronounced kinda like “in-do-yha,” this is a soft, spreadable pork salame with paprika dulce and Calabrian peppers. Allow it to come to room temp and schmear on crusty bread while still hot from the toaster. Add spoonfuls to a warm pan as the cooking medium for veg, soups, braises. Blend into stuffing for porchetta or whole fish. A 6oz piece, ready to eat right out of the package. https://shop.smokinggoose.com/products/nduja
- Rabbit & Pork Cheek Terrine - Berserker Council member Patrick Taylor’s all-time fave. You’d buy it on that alone, right? This is a country-style terrine of rabbit, nutmeg, white pepper, and parsley wrapped in thin slices of cured pork belly. Something you might find in an outdoor market in Beaune, France, it has that holiday season “wow” factor. One slice, about 8oz. Store in freezer. https://shop.smokinggoose.com/products/rabbit-pork-cheek-terrine
- Saucisson Rouge - With a recipe inspired by Chris’ trip to French Canada, this rich and intense Saucisson Rouge is a whole hog salame with piment d’ville, chili, pork heart, pork liver, and red wine. About 5-7oz each, not sliced. We heard that Rich K0rz€nk0 had to physically restrain himself from scarfing down the whole thing in one sitting! https://shop.smokinggoose.com/products/saucisson-rouge
- Guanciale - Pork jowl: juniper, garlic, black peppercorns; each piece about 8oz, ready to slice or dice at home. We’re excited to announce that our Guanciale is a finalist for the 2022 Good Food Awards, and suggest you order some before Charlie Carnes cleans us out! https://shop.smokinggoose.com/products/guanciale
- Hot Smoked Waygu Beef Bologna - Say whaaa? This bologna has a first name: it’s “T-A-S-T-Y!” Hot-smoked wagyu beef bologna with white pepper, black pepper, paprika, coriander, mustard. Pork free, contains dairy; about 8oz package, sliced. https://shop.smokinggoose.com/products/hot-smoked-wagyu-beef-bologna-sliced
- Blackberry Duck Salame - Our latest limited release. Duck salame with a touch of pork for texture and Upland Brewing’s black raspberry sour ale, blackberries, white peppercorns, cinnamon, lemon peel. Not sliced; about 6 oz each. https://shop.smokinggoose.com/collections/holiday/products/blackberry-duck-salame
- Wild Fennel Sausage - Smoked pork sausage with Magnifici del Mezzogiorno fennel seeds from Calabria, Italy, plus anise seed, sage, crushed chilies, and red wine; four fully-cooked links in each ~12 oz package; store in freezer. https://shop.smokinggoose.com/products/wild-fennel-sausage
And with that, we raise the curtain on NewbiePalooza. Happy shopping, and thank you for your support!
curing Indiana one pig at a time, since 2011
For more on Smoking Goose, check out https://www.smokinggoose.com/resources