Even more preposterous...new Napa Cabernet

Here’s to that! [cheers.gif]

Anybody got case pricing YET ? [wow.gif]

A mag is actually more insulting as it gets the sucker to double down and they only need to find half as many folks with more dollars than sense.

+1. The Boomers who buy auctioned Grand Cru Burgundy and 1st & Super 2nd Growth Bordeaux are the target buyer. Millenials are paying off their college debt while their Boomer parents are aiding in their apartment rent and health care-not buying magnums of overpriced Napa Cab.

Melka doesn’t make this one does he?

That is one cool bottle, though. I think the appropriate response is from Carole Meredith’s line in Somm 2: “Can there be any other business where there’s so much bullshit?”

larry’s got to save money for his next divorce i guess.

douche factor is quite high with this one.

I thought the part of the video discussing the root stock, clones, barrel treatment and vinification was interesting

Robert Alfert just texted me that he already has a private tour set up…this guy can’t get enough of 15% alc.

Nate - did you not see this thread?

“High End” Hi Fi.

I recall tasting on his patio years ago when he was just making Fairchild wines and sane. His descent into madness reminds me of Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.

Well, yes. Is this any different from selling DRC at $20,000 mainly because of its cult exclusivity?

Q: What do you call a cult with no members?
A: Perrarus.

Dan Kravitz

No Shit! Guess the author either got a bottle as a gift, or ?

[winner.gif]

Why wasn’t it named Petrarus?

Groupthink

$3K for a Melka wine?

We have reached peak NapaAbsurdity…

If anyone knows of a way to buy some deep out of the money puts on this madness, please let me know

Agreed. I think this is a great idea. I would rather see the uneducated luxury-seekers buy up this stuff and stop buying Burgs and other wines I like. I wish people would come up a number of these types of wines for the ballas to buy. Rolland??? Are you listening???