Eugene, OR area winery suggestions

Greetings!

My family and I will be visiting friends and family in the OR/WA area this August.
I might have an opportunity to hit a few places near Portland when we spend a few days there. However, we have friends who have lived in Oakridge for the past 7 years and haven’t been to a winery yet! We need some place that’s family-friendly(we’ll have an 8 & 11 yr old with us)not incredible far off the beaten path and reasonable priced. Is there anything off Hwy 58?
Do y’all know anything about Silvan Ridge-Hinman or Sweet Cheeks? (They seem to be the closest)

We’re also headed to Tillamook on a day trip from Portland, so any qualifying wineries along the way to which you could guide us would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Silvan Ridge/Hinman has been a reliable stand-by for years. King Estate is very nice, more upscale overall but pricing is still decent. Don’t know of anything between Eugene and Oakridge. There is a tasting room for Chateau Lorane in Eugene, I find the wines made in a generally-friendly style.

If you are heading to Tillamook from Portland most of the wineries in Oregon are between them depending on your route.

Territorial Wineries has a tasting room right in Eugene. The wines are not spectacular, but sometimes the Stone’s Throw really hits it solidly.

King Estate makes an interesting visit, even though they make wine on an almost industrial scale.
It’s a great site, always gives tours, and has a good restaurant where you can drink any wine you just purchased, or order a tasting flight.

If you take the long way from Portland to Tillamook through McMinnville, you have limitless choices for wineries. Consider stopping at the Delicate Palate in Pacific City to eat. Hands down the best restaurant on the coast.
If you go the route through Forest Grove, you can take a short detour down towards the Gaston area where there are a number of wineries.

P Hickner

I haven’t tasted recent vintages – they are outside of Eugene a bit and have a gorgeous site.