Eto - a new way to preserve wine

Did anyone on WB get in on this?

Over on wine pages, backers have started receiving theirs in the last day or two. I am one of the early backers but not sure how much longer it’ll take to arrive in the US.

I ordered a pair early on Kickstarter as well, but have not received mine yet either. No shipping notice yet either. But, I am guessing it will take a couple of more weeks to get to the US. (And, given how long we have waited so far, I am not in any particular rush!)

I have been following along with their emails and updates, and watched the recent videos with interest. Looks pretty interesting, and I am looking forward to getting mine.

Even if it keeps wines “fresh” for few days, it appears to be a cool toy to show off to friends & family.

I think Coravin is probably a better solution as it should expose the wine to less air and therefor the wine will last longer. My Coravin-ed bottles easily last more than 7 days. If all you want to use either for is to drink a bottle over a 1 week period then Eto is more economical at ~$75 vs ~$300 for Coravin plus the cost of canisters.

I am curious as to how big the “left over wine” market is.

Our longest “save” is usually 24 hours. I don’t know how I would keep up with an array of ‘open and saved for later’ wines.

Anyways…this device only works with one bottle at a time, while a Coravin system can save multiples.

It sure is lovely, though!

I could see it for a 1 or two bottle per week drinking pattern. It would fit my household consumption except we usually kill the bottle the next evening.

Hmmm, maybe I am talking myself into it.

[cheers.gif]

Whispering “Get it… get ittttt”

And more elegant, too!

You could have said that better.

[cheers.gif]

(Sorry, could only find the video link on FB)

Wow, that’s a thread-killer!

Cut NED a break. Clearly, the design speaks to him.

I’ve had only ‘1/2’ of this VIDEO, and I DON’T want to ‘preserve’ it!!!

I’m starting to think this is vaporware. Far too many delays - shame too bc it looks really convenient for saving a bottle for a day or two.

I could see saying that 6 months ago. But at this point, people are receiving them, and posting initial impressions online. It took a long time, but to me this does not have the air of vaporware anymore.

By definition, essentially everything on Kickstarter is vaporware at the start. It does not exist yet. That is the point. It is the developer’s ability to execute that is in question.

I don’t have mine yet, so arguably it is still wishful thinking on my part, but it seems to me the product is done and being shipped. Now, hopefully it works!

I missed where people have started receiving theirs…that’s great news.

Good news, bad news, good news…

My eto arrived! But, it was broken! But, customer service has been great.

It arrived. The packaging is really high quality. The copper top of the product is beautiful. Unfortunately, the glass decanter was shattered when I opened it up.

I contacted customer service. They responded very quickly, and very friendly. They will be sending me a whole new unit. I will report back…

Did you get any tracking info Mark or did it just turn up?

Mine just turned up absent any tracking info. Will try to use it tonight.

Just showed up. I was a bit surprised, as I had not gotten any tracking info.
Delivered by USPS.

New eto’s arrived, this time not broken. Customer service was very good.

I have not used them yet, but they sure do look nice.
IMG_0361.jpg