Elbling Study

Thanks for bringing this back up!

Those are the only two producer’s Elblings I have tried. The '19 Hild was eye opening, and I quickly reloaded on a case for summer drinking, and then picked up the '20 Dostert Alte Reben. Thanks for the nudge. I should reload on some for the summer!

1 Like

I think Jonas is both a genius and artist! I absolutely love his wines. And as I said to Stephen the closest to Ulli Stein of any of the young generation as the wines simply have so much soul and are extremely deep! And that is the ultimate complement from me. AND he loves good Hip Hop!

Have a 2022 incoming and excited to finally try Dostert’s Elbling!

1 Like

Must have been something in the air, I also had one of Dosterts '21 alte reben elblings over the weekend. Reminded me a little bit of aligote with apple skin texture, but a little less on the fruit/mineral profile. Really exciting stuff. Probably won’t hold on to my remaining forever, but I can imagine that it could benefit from another year or two of bottle aging.

1 Like

Interesting you also thought Aligote. I was honestly thinking the 19 reminded me of the Leroy Aligote but thought that was too much hyperbole.

Shared back in 2018 - I commented it was not for everyone but I liked it. Pretty sharp acidity but pleasant and a great accompaniment to the small plates served at this now closed (covid) wine bar.

1 Like

I really love that wine, especially on a warm spring day!

I’m trying to figure this out Robert said

So it sounds to me that Elbling does better in cool climates. Doesn’t seem to be a candidate for Global Warming saviour grape.