Drops of God

Just finished watching it. I wasn’t quite as enamoured as everyone else. It was fun but a bit predictable. The dialogue in French is clunky and at times, unintentionally hilarious, especially a couple of things the lawyer says and whilst I thought the Japanese actors were great, not so sure about the French ones. No spoilers, but I did enjoy the ending, as well as the choice of music!

2 Likes

Watching episode 8 right now…

1 Like

Quite likeable. They should have taught Gustave Kervern how to twirl wine in the glass. The guy gave it the worst shake I’ve seen in a long time when sampling the 2 blends of 1990 Châteauneuf-du-Pape :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve only see the first episode. I’m still going to give it a chance, but it felt like if Chat GPT were tasked with creating a drama about wine in the style and quality of “50 Shades of Grey,” but replace the sexuality with wine obsession.

1 Like

Yeah…I love the show but that scene was painful to watch. The swirl was rough, but what really got me was the way he kept smelling the other wine while tasting the first…rookie mistake that the director or producers should have flagged. Oh well, still enjoyed the whole series :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Target market for a lot on this board! Start a poll, cana good bottle of wine be better than sex?

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the wine delivery at the end. It worked for dramatic purposes, but (without spoiling anything) you could start with the lack of refrigeration and go on from there to describe everything that was wrong with it.

6 Likes

Just finished two episodes with my wife and 17 year old daughter who both seem to enjoy this more than I do! The 1-1 competition, obsessive Alexandre Leger, and over-the-top vibe are somehow reminding me of Iron Chef, Chairman Kaga, and Kitchen Stadium :slight_smile:.

1 Like

1 Like

Never knew you could catch salmon in a stream.

1 Like

Bears do it. :slight_smile:

I guess Im too much of a city boy. Lol. I never knew you could catch salmon in such a low and small tiny stream. Water was like ankle high and tiny.

They would really only be in a stream that shallow if they were nearing their spawning grounds.

Great final song.

Perfect.

I love Issei.

At first, I thought Lacryma Christi was going to be Drops of God, but it’s not high end enough.

1 Like

“Never knew you could catch salmon in a stream”

My house is near to where they filmed the Provence sequences , at the moment you’d struggle to find a stream with water in let alone salmon (or trout)

3 Likes

Not really a spoiler: it was nice to see Chateau Gloria where we saw it!

I recognized amps and speakers, but the turntables evaded my identification.

Did you notice how they are all so cool that they play records?

1 Like

I thought this was a great show! I truly loved everything about it…but I am quite the novice on this forum…it was fun and well-acted and seemed to align with the wine industry that I am privy. And the twists were so fun! Even though some of it was predictable, it was fun to watch and I would recommend to anyone…wine lovers and experts alike!!

5 Likes

Welcome to Berserkers!

Some of the wine-related details showed a lack of wine expertise among the writers and production crew, but I still really enjoyed the show. Acting was really great, beautifully shot, and just a joy to watch with my wife (with a glass of wine in hand, naturally!)

Took my time finishing the series since I wanted it to keep going. Really enjoyed from start to finish. Great cast!

3 Likes