Done w/hibernating - Santa Barbara bound

Yep . . . there are a few places in our neck of the woods that are trying to create a higher priced ‘aura’ of our area - but they are the exception.

Cheers

Eye opening.

My wife wants to go, but we’re giving up. We’ll drive to Amelia Island with a cooler full of Tercero and Loring bottles instead.

Just waiting to go back tasting/drinking wine in Portugal, Hungary or South Africa once they lift restrictions.

Hmm, I’m staying away for now, too many other good options. Have you tried the wine?

I had a stellar tasting as a member (no fee or bottle requirement) after one of their first vintages. They really went out of their way to make it a 5 star experience. Greeted with sauv blanc before a golf cart tour of the property, decanted the 2013s inside, cheese/charcuterie, barrel sampled the 2014s, estate olive oil, etc.

1 Like

I’m sure that the Crown Point ‘experience’ is a wonderful one for those who decide to do it. Its a beautiful property and I’m sure they do customer service well. I’ve only had a chance to try a few of the wines and they were interesting but not my cup of tea - they were quite ‘polished’, dense and I can see how they would be appealing to lots of folks.

Cheers

We’re looking into a trip the end of May. Want to hit this area and also Paso. Will definitely try to swing by Tercero again.

For that price, visit better finish with a happy ending [wink.gif]

Signed,
Deshaun Watson

Don’t get me started with Crown Point!!!

A cork and a tug joint? [wow.gif]

Talk to me, brother . . . [snort.gif]

Cheers

Their recent allocation/membership has become quite aggressive. 12 or 24 bottle annual commitment with 2 auto-pay allocations required before cancelling. So you’re locked in at either 12 or 24 x $150/bottle per year to remain a member if I’m reading it correctly.
But… there’s no “membership fee”. Whew! [snort.gif]