Done w/hibernating - Santa Barbara bound

Will do, Larry! We used to stop in frequently back when Maeapple was working for you (she and my wife have been friends for some time). I have a few of your Verbiages sitting in the cellar waiting to be opened too.

Is Moretti in Los Olivos now as well? I remember enjoying them back when they were in the Lompoc Wine Ghetto.

Ojai is a nice stop nearby.

A Tribute to Grace, the best Grenache around. And definitely stop by Larry’s!

Probably explains why they have a higher infection and death rate than less populous states like CA and even Texas. Not sure that’s “business as usual.”

Jaffurs hasnt been Jaffurs for a few years. All new ownership and winemaker. Jaffurs last winemaker who was trainer by him, Matt Brady is now at Samsara. Just off the 101 in Goleta across from UCSB. Matt has done a phenomenal job building their line up and he’s a great guy. Stop by Samsara if you have a chance

Moretti is - they took over most of Consilience’s old spot across the street from the market on Grand Avenue.

Please reach out and let me know when when you’ll be up so I can be sure to be there.

Cheers!

David,

Matt is a great guy - and a great winemaker indeed! Samsara now has two locations - one in Goleta where their production area is and one in Los Olivos, across the street from me!

Don’t discount Jaffurs, though - Stephen is a very good winemaker and they are continuing to source where they have from the past.

Cheers

I’m living in (city of) SB right now for the next few weeks in case anyone is ever looking for someone to go tasting with. My less wine enthusiastic wife is starting to get tired of me dragging her to tasting rooms…

1 Like

Tim,

Come on up!

Cheers

Also done hibernating! Went to Santa Cruz to enjoy my daughter’s birthday and report card with her last weekend. A month after my 2 doses of Moderna, I am ready to go - anywhere!

I loved Craig’s wine, but I think Stephen Searle’s wines at Jaffurs are actually better made, more balanced. In some ways, the wines are better today, no diss to Craig.

That’s too bad about H-C. Nice people making nice wines.

Thx, Larry.

Also heading down to Santa Barbara next weekend to take a look at UCSB with our Daughter. Will try to sneak in a quick tasting somewhere. 15 months since we’ve been out of our area, ready for a little road trip.

Stephen will be on a couple of upcoming Zooms with me for the SBC Rhone Rangers - looking forward to it…

My wife and I are going to head up there tomorrow morning!

How was the trip? It’s great to see some wine tourism back…

It’s been getting busier and busier up in our neck of the woods. I did see a couple of Berserkers over the last couple of days - and look forward to seeing more of you soon!

Cheers

Heck, go to Brazil: they have some nice variants. [head-bang.gif]

Melville. If you want to go big—Crown Point.

Wow, $100 for a tasting plus a 2 bottle minimum purchase. Total price $400. Whew